“Machhli Jal Ki Rani Hai” is yet to hit the screens, but its director, Deboley Dey, is already thinking of a sequel to the horror film.
He says the movie’s climax is such that it can lead to a sequel.
“It was not a conscious decision to end the film in a way which could lead to a sequel. It all just happened and the way the film ends, it can lead to a sequel,” Dey told IANS.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“It’s not an abrupt ending, but the story culminates to an interesting ending then obviously the last shot gives you a feeling that the journey has not ended. That journey might lead to another story, another adventure and another thrill,” he added.
However, for now, the focus is that the movie should “do well at the box office”.
“Machhli Jal Ki Rani Hai”, releasing Friday, features Bhanu Uday, Swara Bhaskar and Murali Sharma.
It’s a medium budget film and Dey is confident it will recover its cost.
“We have done a lot of special effects and shot outdoors. If the story is interesting, then the film will run. We have come with an interesting story and after a few screenings, we have got a positive response. We’re hoping the film will recover its money,” he added.