Superstar Akshay Kumar says apart from catching up with different styles of comedy, he loves to play negative roles more often.
The ‘Entertainment’ star said it gives him immense joy.
“I think the villain always enjoys so much in major part of the film’s duration. He fixes up the heroine, runs around her. The hero is always busy protecting and working for his sister and mother.
“Only in the last five minutes of the film he gets beaten. I want to play villain’s role more often,” he told reporters here while promoting ‘Entertainment’.
The film will hit theatres on August 8.
Asked what other genres he wants to catch up with after being successful actor in funny and action roles, Akshay said there is so much to learn about comedy itself.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“There are many untouched genres. Even in comedy there areso many things in which you actually want to catch up with. The way Prakash Raj approaches to comedy, I want to do that,” he said.
However Akshay said he started to enjoy his work after spending 27 years in the industry.
“Today when I get up in the morning, and if I have to gofor a shoot, I am very eager to do that. I am so happy with myself that this greed has not gone from me,” he added.
Akshay said he enjoys portraying different characters asno other profession in the world provides the scope to play various roles in one’s lifetime.
“I enjoy doing different characters. Where in the world will you get a profession like this where you can play so many characters – you can romance so many beautiful girls, you can play so many sports … but still get paid,” he said.
Akshay, who will be seen with a dog in ‘Entertainment’,said it is tough to shoot with the canine as it does unexpected things during shoots.
“It is not easy to shoot with a dog and a child (Hey Baby). You have to have lot of patience because dogs while shooting go for a stroll. Same with the baby also. While giving a shot the baby would sleep,” he said.
Akshay is teaming up with ‘Humshakals’ actress Tamannaah Bhatia in the film.
On her expectations from ‘Entertainment’ after not-so-good films ‘Himmatwala’ and ‘Humshakals’, Tamannaah said, “In everyone’s life there are times when some films don’t do well and some do well, but I am very hopeful about Entertainment because it has shaped up very well,” she said.
“The duo director – Sajid-Farhad – have done good job, and also there is Akshay and Entertainment (dog). I think the film is going to be liked by people,” she added.