Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh is disappointed about his critically-acclaimed film ‘Lootera’, also starring Sonakshi Sinha, missing from nominations at most of the award functions.
Vikramaditya Motwane’s period drama ‘Lootera’, based on author O Henry’s 1907 short story The Last Leaf, had received a mixed response after its release.
Ranveer Singh, who was appreciated for his performance in the film, is unhappy and disappointed that it failed to get nominated for this year’s movie awards.
“I don’t think ‘Lootera’ is a failure. The producers earned money and it is a great film. If ‘Lootera’ was the best reviewed film of the year, then where is the recognition. It is a technically superior film of all the films released last year. I think Vikramaditya Motwane deserved nomination for direction,” Ranveer Singh said.
The actor feels the film should have at least been nominated in categories like – best director, best film, cinematography and best production design.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“Such a technically superior film missing from nominations is very surprising. So, yes it is disappointing. I am disappointed for the team,” he said.
However, he is happy that his co-star Sonakshi was nominated in the Best Actress category for the Screen awards.
“Sonakshi deserves to get a nomination. For me, ‘Lootera’ was higher in terms of performance than ‘Ram Leela’. I can’t talk about whether I deserve a nomination or not. ‘Ram Leela’ was easy in comparison to ‘Lootera’ as the latter was challenging,” Ranveer said.
But, the actor is happy at being nominated for his performance in ‘Ram Leela’.
He says the box office success of a film is not the only parameter to call it a superhit or blockbuster. ‘Lootera’ earned Rs 35 crore and according to Ranveer, it is not bad.
“It is not about box office and the numbers, but about the memory of the film. Films like ‘Andaz Apna Apna’, ‘Jab We Met’ and ‘Band Baaja Baraat’ may not have achieved big numbers but they are watched again and again on TV or DVD,” he said.
“The memory of the film is important and ‘Lootera’ is one such film, you can watch it after 15 years and still cry. It was made in cinematic language which people are not used to. It is definitely a successful film,” he added.