Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh is disappointed about his critically-acclaimed film ‘Lootera’, also starring Sonakshi Sinha, missing from nominations at most of the award functions.
Vikramaditya Motwane’s period drama ‘Lootera’, based on author O Henry’s 1907 short story The Last Leaf, had received a mixed response after its release.
Ranveer Singh, who was appreciated for his performance in the film, is unhappy and disappointed that it failed to get nominated for this year’s movie awards.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“I don’t think ‘Lootera’ is a failure. The producers earned money and it is a great film. If ‘Lootera’ was the best reviewed film of the year, then where is the recognition. It is a technically superior film of all the films released last year. I think Vikramaditya Motwane deserved nomination for direction,” Ranveer Singh said.
The actor feels the film should have at least been nominated in categories like – best director, best film, cinematography and best production design.
“Such a technically superior film missing from nominations is very surprising. So, yes it is disappointing. I am disappointed for the team,” he said.
However, he is happy that his co-star Sonakshi was nominated in the Best Actress category for the Screen awards.
“Sonakshi deserves to get a nomination. For me, ‘Lootera’ was higher in terms of performance than ‘Ram Leela’. I can’t talk about whether I deserve a nomination or not. ‘Ram Leela’ was easy in comparison to ‘Lootera’ as the latter was challenging,” Ranveer said.
But, the actor is happy at being nominated for his performance in ‘Ram Leela’.
He says the box office success of a film is not the only parameter to call it a superhit or blockbuster. ‘Lootera’ earned Rs 35 crore and according to Ranveer, it is not bad.
“It is not about box office and the numbers, but about the memory of the film. Films like ‘Andaz Apna Apna’, ‘Jab We Met’ and ‘Band Baaja Baraat’ may not have achieved big numbers but they are watched again and again on TV or DVD,” he said.
“The memory of the film is important and ‘Lootera’ is one such film, you can watch it after 15 years and still cry. It was made in cinematic language which people are not used to. It is definitely a successful film,” he added.