Leave me out of Incredible India ambassador debate: Shah Rukh Khan

By: IANS | Kolkata | Published:January 11, 2016 6:29 pm
Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Big B, SRK, Incredible India, Aamir Khan Incredible India, Incredible India Campaign, Aamir Incredible INdia, Incredible India Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan Incredible India, Entertainment news Shah Rukh Khan said: “I don’t have anything to do with it: neither was I recruited nor was I let go. Please leave me out of it.”

Superstar Shah Rukh Khan wants to be left out of the Aamir Khan-Amitabh Bachchan Incredible India ambassador debate.

“I don’t have anything to do with it: neither was I recruited nor was I let go. Please leave me out of it,” SRK told media persons here on Monday at the launch of ‘Shades of Bengal’ coffee table book by Kansai Nerolac.

Read: Amitabh Bachchan first choice to replace Aamir Khan for ‘Incredible India’ campaign

Superstar Aamir Khan had confirmed earlier this month that he was no longer brand ambassador of the Incredible India campaign and said he respected the government’s decision not to extend his contract in this regard.

Read: Whether I am brand ambassador or not, India will remain Incredible: Aamir Khan

Speculations are rife that Big B will be roped in to promote the campaign after the end of Aamir’s contract.

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

1. J
    JH
    Jan 11, 2016 at 3:33 pm
    It is quite obvious that SRK is trying to avoid any new controversy. He is probably trying to avoid another hatemongering campaign by the hindutva brigade. He is no Aamir. Aamir Khan is a "method actor" known for his integrity and backing of social causes and themes even in his films, and it would be statesmanlike to acknowledge his comments during the intolerance debate as an extension of his social role as b ambador of Incredible India, aimed towards educating and strengthening the social fabric.
    1. B
      Baba
      Jan 11, 2016 at 1:19 pm
      Do u understand wat INCREDIBLE INDIA stands for,u khaan....
      kris kumar
      Jan 11, 2016 at 3:15 pm
      I am surprised SRK put his nose in the Incredible debate. Did he think his name might be proposed for the selection? If he did then he must have been dreaming. SRK lost his chance when he made that Intolerant comment on TV channel just before Bihar elections. Media pla a big role by inviting all the stars and authors to speak about Intolerance in India just before Bihar election. They all had grudge against PM Modi big win elections and nothing else. Any way India need a female face and not a beast face like SRK or Aamir Khan. I think the government should ask people to send their choice and select from them. May be more than one person should represent India as ambadors.
        kris kumar
        Jan 11, 2016 at 3:20 pm
        SRK is a business man and that is why he is not fit to be selected for Incredible India. He wants to make money and that is fine but not ambador of India
          Me Marathi
          Jan 11, 2016 at 2:46 pm
          M00r0n.
            Me Marathi
            Jan 11, 2016 at 2:48 pm
            Why the h$$ck this jihadi islamic b@stard thinking that he might be considered for this?
            1. N
              nik
              Jan 11, 2016 at 4:04 pm
              I hope raeess will ban coz of his STANI love
              1. N
                nik
                Jan 11, 2016 at 3:59 pm
                MR KHAN ACTUALLY HIMSELF IS A INTOLERANT PERSON . BY BRINGING�STANI MAHIRA KHAN..HE TRY TO PROVE HIMSELF . THAT HE LOVE TERORIST COUNTRY