The abuse-laden trailer of Sunny Deol starrer ‘Mohalla Assi‘, which has attracted the ire of a Varanasi-based social organisation, is a leaked and uncensored version, says Ravi Kishan, who essays a key role in the movie.
At an event here, Ravi told mediapersons: “The trailer which has found its way on the internet is an uncensored video. I’m baffled how the trailer was stolen from the editing room and how it was splashed on the web. We had tried our best to keep it under wraps, but I don’t know what kind of thinking this offender has who is out to destroy cinema.”
Regarding the much talked about scene where a character enacting lord Shiva is hurling expletives, Ravi said: “This scene would definitely not feature in the film as I myself am a staunch devotee of lord Shiva. You’ll get better clarity if you read Kashinath Singh’s Upanyas as to why such scenes were shot.”
- Sunny Deol has plans to screen 'Mohalla Assi'
- Restraint on release of Sunny Deol's 'Mohalla Assi' extended till Aug 25
- Delhi court halts release of Sunny Deol’s ‘Mohalla Assi’, says may 'hurt religious sentiments of the people'
- Footage leak an attempt to sabotage my film, says 'Mohalla Assi' director
- Mohalla Assi hurts religious sentiments, degrades women, say BJP men, file complaint
- Watch trailer: Sunny Deol, Sakshi Tanwar's 'Mohalla Assi' is laced with cuss words
The leaked trailer showcases several characters, including Sunny using abusive language, and contains explicit scenes involving sex and drugs.
An FIR has already been filed in Varanasi, against Sunny and the director.