Yesteryear actress Nanda, who has been a part of hit films like Teen Deviyaan, Gumnaam and many more died at the age of 75 in Mumbai on Tuesday (March 25).
The 75-year-old actress died this morning at her Andheri residence here.
Noted playback singer Lata Mangeshkar remembered the actress and expressed her grief on Twitter.
Lata Mangeshkar said, that she was saddened by the sudden demise of Nanda who was also referred to as Baby Nanda. Lata Mangeshkar also revealed that she worked with Nanda in the film ‘Mandir’ hen they were both child artistes.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Lata Mangeshkar worked as a child artist in Nanda’s father Vinayak Damodar Karnataki’s company.
Lata Mangeshkar also said that she shared a close friendship with Nanda nad her sister Meena. Lata Mangeshkar also recalled that She was the playback singer for the actress in her debut film ‘Tufaan’.
Lata Mangeshkar tweeted, “Mujhe abhi pata chala ki abhinetri Nanda jise hum baby nanda kehete the wo ab humare bich nahi rahi,ye sunke mujhe bohot dukh hua.baby Nanda jab 4/5 saal ki thi tab usne mandir is film me mere chote bhai ki bhumika nibhaayi thi,main Nanda ke pitaji master Vinayak ji ki company me as child actress 1943 se kaam karti thi,meri Nanda aur uski badi behen Meena ke saath badi dosti thi.Nanda ki peheli film Tufaan aur diya thi tab se maine Nanda ke liye playback shuru kiya,bohot acchi insaan thi.Bhagwan uski aatma ko shaanti de.
Other celebs also tweeted:
Riteish Deshmukh tweeted, “Na Na karte pyaar tumhi se kar baithe – rip Nandaji.”
Madhuri Bhandarkar said, “Saddened to hear that veteran actress Nandaji has passed away. Jab Jab Phool Khile & Gumnaam still remain favourites. End of an era. RIP.”
Television actor Rohit Roy said, “Just heard the sad news. Nanda ji RIP.. Always so dignified.”