Yesteryear actress Nanda, who has been a part of hit films like Teen Deviyaan, Gumnaam and many more died at the age of 75 in Mumbai on Tuesday (March 25).
The 75-year-old actress died this morning at her Andheri residence here.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
Noted playback singer Lata Mangeshkar remembered the actress and expressed her grief on Twitter.
Lata Mangeshkar said, that she was saddened by the sudden demise of Nanda who was also referred to as Baby Nanda. Lata Mangeshkar also revealed that she worked with Nanda in the film ‘Mandir’ hen they were both child artistes.
Lata Mangeshkar worked as a child artist in Nanda’s father Vinayak Damodar Karnataki’s company.
Lata Mangeshkar also said that she shared a close friendship with Nanda nad her sister Meena. Lata Mangeshkar also recalled that She was the playback singer for the actress in her debut film ‘Tufaan’.
Lata Mangeshkar tweeted, “Mujhe abhi pata chala ki abhinetri Nanda jise hum baby nanda kehete the wo ab humare bich nahi rahi,ye sunke mujhe bohot dukh hua.baby Nanda jab 4/5 saal ki thi tab usne mandir is film me mere chote bhai ki bhumika nibhaayi thi,main Nanda ke pitaji master Vinayak ji ki company me as child actress 1943 se kaam karti thi,meri Nanda aur uski badi behen Meena ke saath badi dosti thi.Nanda ki peheli film Tufaan aur diya thi tab se maine Nanda ke liye playback shuru kiya,bohot acchi insaan thi.Bhagwan uski aatma ko shaanti de.
Other celebs also tweeted:
Riteish Deshmukh tweeted, “Na Na karte pyaar tumhi se kar baithe – rip Nandaji.”
Madhuri Bhandarkar said, “Saddened to hear that veteran actress Nandaji has passed away. Jab Jab Phool Khile & Gumnaam still remain favourites. End of an era. RIP.”
Television actor Rohit Roy said, “Just heard the sad news. Nanda ji RIP.. Always so dignified.”