Earlier it was rumoured that Nimrat Kaur would be seen playing a lawyer in Anthony D’Souza’s biopic on the cricketer Mohammad Azharuddin. However, now we hear that Nimrat has opted out of the project citing date issue, but the interesting bit is that Lara Dutta has been roped in to essay the said part.
Confirming the same, the film’s director Anthony D’souza says, “Yes Lara will be playing the role of a lawyer in Azhar, and we will commence work on the film in the coming few days.” Though Anthony confirmed her presence in the film, more details are unavailable. However, we hear that while all the other characters in the film are inspired by real people, Lara’s character may be fictitious but it takes the story forward.
- For Emraan Hashmi, depicting Azhar’s personal journey was challenging
- Took liberty to up entertainment quotient in Azhar: Emraan Hashmi
- Lara Dutta expresses desire to kiss Emraan Hashmi on screen
- Lara Dutta to play lawyer in Emraan Hashmi starrer Azhar
- After finishing ‘Singh Is Bliing’, Lara Dutta to shoot ‘Azhar’
- Emraan Hashmi injured while training for Mohammad Azharuddin biopic
Azhar that stars Emraan Hashmi in the title role, it will also feature Prachi Desai and Nargis Fakhri. Produced by Balaji Motion Pictures and MSM Motion Pictures, Azhar is slated for release in May 2016.