Filmmaker Bejoy Nambiar says the debacle of his last film production ‘Kuku Mathur Ki Jhand Ho Gayi’ left him upset. He believes the movie was not promoted well.
“I am very upset about it. I was hoping that it reaches out to a wider audience as it was a special film,” Nambiar told reporters.
Mulling over why the movie didn’t work, he said: “There are multiple reasons why it didn’t work. Te biggest reason was it was not promoted well and I think lot of people didn’t even know that such film was coming out. It was not promoted as it should have been.”
‘Kuku Mathur…’, jointly produced by Nambiar and Ekta Kapoor, was directed by debutant Aman Sachdeva and featured newcomers.
Currently, Nambiar is busy promoting his film ‘Pizza’, which will be distributed by UTV Spotboy.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“When you’re a film producer, you are doing films and then you are heavily relying on the people you are partnering with. Here I am relying on UTV and there (for ‘Kuku Mathur…’), it was Balaji Motion Pictures,” he said.
“I have a say till a certain point, but after that it’s upon the studios. It’s not that I didn’t promote the film…I would love to go all out and promote a film, and I’m doing that right now for ‘Pizza’,” he added.
Directed by Akshay Akkineni, “Pizza”, releasing July 22, features Akshay Oberoi and Parvathy Omanakuttan.