Today, filmmaker Karan Johar might find it silly to watch his directorial debut and blockbuster Kuch Kuch Hota Hai but for the audience back then and even today, the film perfectly captures the essence of first love and endless friendship. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, which starred Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol and Rani Mukerji in the lead roles, has completed the journey of 18 long years and the filmmaker posted a tweet sharing about how special the movie was for him. Taking to Twitter, Karan wrote, “#18YearsOfKuchKuchHotaHai …. the film that will always remain close to my heart……@iamsrk and Adi made my cinema dream come true….” Karan shared the post along with a picture and it totally takes us back to awesome 90’s of the industry.
That’s not all. Even Shah Rukh Khan joined KJo in a nostalgic conversation about the iconic film. Released in 1998, the romantic drama starring SRK was one of the blockbusters of the year. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai chronicled the story of a mother, played by Rani, who leaves eight letters for her daughter before her death so that she can unite her father (Shah Rukh) with his best friend, enacted by Kajol, as she believed he loved her.
Check outKaran Johar’s tweet.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
— Dharma Productions (@DharmaMovies) October 16, 2016
Later, SRK also replied to Karan with a throwback tweet. “Of cool chains & friendship bands.Of lov so uncomplicated all u had to say was kuch kuch hota hai.v’ve come a long way baby. Thanks,” tweeted Shah Rukh. In fact, it is not just them but the entire Twitter world which is talking about the film and why they love it even today. Adding to it, Dharma Productions posted a small GIF in order to celebrate the completion of 18 years of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and why it is the best way about your Sunday.
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) October 15, 2016
@karanjohar Of cool chains & friendship bands.Of lov so uncomplicated all u had to say was kuch kuch hota hai.v’ve come a long way baby.Thx
— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) October 15, 2016
In a recent interaction with the media, Karan had said that he was 24 when he wrote the film and was inspired by the cinema of Raj Kapoor, Yash Chopra among others. He accepted that he might not be able to make another K2H2 now. We understand that, considering now that his films are more about matured love and heartbreaks. His next directorial is Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, releasing this Diwali.