“Talvar” has been making the right noises ever since its release last week and the film’s lead star, actress Konkona Sen Sharma says she is happy to see the response that the thriller has been getting.
The Meghna Gulzar-directed film is inspired by the sensational murder of 14-year-old Aarushi Talwar and 45-year-old Hemraj Banjade, a domestic help in Noida, India in 2008.
It sees the 35-year-old actress play the role inspired by Nupur Talwar, Aarushi’s mother, who has been convicted for her child’s murder with husband Rajesh.
- Irrfan Khan, Konkona Sen Sharma’s ‘Talvar’ mints Rs.3 crore on opening day
- Konkona Sen Sharma: I was instantly intrigued by ‘Talvar’ script
- Don’t have burning ambition to work in the West: Konkona Sen Sharma
- Found ‘Talvar’ intriguing: Konkona Sen Sharma
- Will be happy to work with Ranvir again: Konkona Sen Sharma post-split
- Irrfan Khan, Konkona Sen Sharma’s ‘Talvar’ to release on October 2
“I am happy with the response that the film has been getting. It is a very good feeling. I hope more people go and watch it,” Konkona said on the sidelines of Amazon India Fashion Week.
The mystery drama depicts how politics, professional rivalries and media coverage can influence the course of justice. It highlights the flaws in India’s criminal justice system, and the prejudices and limitations of the people running it.
“Talvar” also stars Neeraj Kabi and Irrfan, who play the role of Rajesh Talwar and CBI investigator Arun Kumar, respectively.