Pakistani actress Humaima Malick, who has a few intimate scenes with Emraan Hashmi in her debut Hindi film ‘Raja Natwarlal’, says, she isn’t worried about the reaction back home in Pakistan.
The 26-year-old actress, whose Pakistani film ‘Bol’ was released in India in 2011, says she was initially apprehensive about kissing on-screen. “I have never kissed on-screen so I wasn’t prepared at all. I was nervous on the day we were to shoot the kissing scene. It felt very mechanical. Thankfully, it went really well,” Humaima told PTI in an interview here.
“But Emraan made me comfortable as he is an expert in kissing. People love him for this and he doesn’t make it look vulgar. The kissing scene may be deleted in Pakistan. In the film there is no sex scene put in forcefully. It’s been shot sensibly, which will not look vulgar,” she added.
Humaima says she isn’t worried much about the backlash in Pakistan about the kissing scene. “I made myself strong with the thought that talent has no religion. It was just a role. I have made my country proud as I was nominated for Best Actress for ‘Bol’ across several countries and won award at the London Asian Film Festival,” she said.
“I am sure that people in Pakistan will support me. There will be people who will criticise me, but if I take them seriously, I won’t be able to do a lot of things in my career,” said Humaima, adding she won’t be seen wearing a bikini on-screen.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Back home in Pakistan, Humaima is happy with the response the trailer of ‘Raja Natwarlal’ has received.
“People have loved the trailer of the film. Emraan has a huge fan following in Pakistan. People back home feel that he is a Pakistani because of his name. I am a top actress and the highest paid actress in Pakistan. I am sure people will come to watch both of us and appreciate our work,” she added.