Pakistani actress Humaima Malick, who has a few intimate scenes with Emraan Hashmi in her debut Hindi film ‘Raja Natwarlal’, says, she isn’t worried about the reaction back home in Pakistan.
The 26-year-old actress, whose Pakistani film ‘Bol’ was released in India in 2011, says she was initially apprehensive about kissing on-screen. “I have never kissed on-screen so I wasn’t prepared at all. I was nervous on the day we were to shoot the kissing scene. It felt very mechanical. Thankfully, it went really well,” Humaima told PTI in an interview here.
“But Emraan made me comfortable as he is an expert in kissing. People love him for this and he doesn’t make it look vulgar. The kissing scene may be deleted in Pakistan. In the film there is no sex scene put in forcefully. It’s been shot sensibly, which will not look vulgar,” she added.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Humaima says she isn’t worried much about the backlash in Pakistan about the kissing scene. “I made myself strong with the thought that talent has no religion. It was just a role. I have made my country proud as I was nominated for Best Actress for ‘Bol’ across several countries and won award at the London Asian Film Festival,” she said.
“I am sure that people in Pakistan will support me. There will be people who will criticise me, but if I take them seriously, I won’t be able to do a lot of things in my career,” said Humaima, adding she won’t be seen wearing a bikini on-screen.
Back home in Pakistan, Humaima is happy with the response the trailer of ‘Raja Natwarlal’ has received.
“People have loved the trailer of the film. Emraan has a huge fan following in Pakistan. People back home feel that he is a Pakistani because of his name. I am a top actress and the highest paid actress in Pakistan. I am sure people will come to watch both of us and appreciate our work,” she added.