Kiran said I shouldn’t have shared our private conversation in public: Aamir Khan

If there is one thing that Aamir Khan regrets about his statements made at RNG awards it is making the conversation with his wife Kiran Rao public.

Written by Sonup Sahadevan | Mumbai | Updated: January 25, 2016 10:48 pm
Aamir Khan, Aamir Khan at RNG Awards, Aamir KHan RNG Awards, Aamir Khan Intolerance, Aamir RNG Awards, Aamir intolerance Statement, Aamir Ramnath Goenka Awards, Entertainment news Aamir Khan said: “I shouldn’t have shared my private conversation with Kiran on a public platform (RNG awards).”

Also read: Never said India is intolerant, I was born here and will die here: Aamir Khan

When asked about Kiran’s reaction to the entire controversy after her name was dragged into the controversy, Aamir Khan said: “I shouldn’t have shared my private conversation with Kiran on a public platform (RNG awards). She made me realise that in no uncertain terms.”

Also read: Full transcript of Aamir Khan’s conversation at RNG awards: ‘If I must represent anyone, why just Muslims?’

Aamir Khan said he is an Indian first and always be an Indian.

“Our country is a beautiful example of unity in diversity. Take my family for instance. My wife is Hindu. My two sisters are married to Hindus. Farhat is married to Rajeev while Nikhat to Santosh. My cousin Mansoor has married a catholic. I have three kids and they are half Hindu and half Muslim. So you can see unity in diversity in my own family. And I always look at myself as an Indian. Both I and Kiran see ourselves as Indians. We never bring our religions into the picture. I am first an Indian and always will be an Indian.”

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App now

Sirius
    Jan 26, 2016 at 8:12 am
    Mr. Khan : You have insulted my nation and its people via your deable comments. I express my anguish by withdrawing my support for anything ociated with you or your extended family. "रहिमन धागा प्रेम का, मत तोरो चटकाय. टूटे पे फिर ना जुरे, जुरे गाँठ परी जाय."
      Pat
      Jan 26, 2016 at 11:05 pm
      Are you a 9/11 attacker from congress party?
        Pat
        Jan 26, 2016 at 11:00 pm
        I think over hyped yawn actor is a liar, he shoots through his wife's shoulders, are muzzies cowards, compulsive liars, everything is fair and right according to these shallow beings. just boycott this actor, if sunny Leone works with him, her career is going to take a beating. Amir needs a spunky actor to resurrect his career like sharuk, people of India put them on back burner. Enough, our motherland India comes first. Jai hind!
          Kris
          Jan 26, 2016 at 2:12 pm
          The idea behind uttering such words was to paint the current government as well as PM Modi in bad light and thought he will be treated as a hero by Modi baiters. However, Modi's supporters far outnumbered Modi baiters and he is now making various excuses. Aamir has been a Modi baiter many years ago and he was there to support Narmada Bachao Aandolan and was the signatory of the letter opposing US visa for Modi. The public utterance that India is an intolerant country, which he tried to shift it to his wife but without success, has cost him dearly and he will now be looked with suion by majority of Indians. This is a lesson for all the so called celebrities. They say India is an intolerant country but they have no hesitation to ridicule the majority community but keep silence when the intolerance comes from the minority community. No where in the world can one see such atude. Aaamir and Shahraukh have demonstrated that they not trustworthy and will change their stance according to situation.
            Amarendra Baahubali
            Jan 25, 2016 at 7:56 pm
            LOL ... so he is again sharing a private conversation between him and his wife. Hahahaha
              kumar
              Jan 26, 2016 at 8:20 am
              Bahi ..... too late , too little ! The irreparable damage has been done - Ex fan
              1. C
                chinu
                Jan 25, 2016 at 5:42 pm
                Aamir Khan.. please leave our country along with your kiran and and co... And even you also know that you are just a Desh Drohi...
                1. B
                  BalajiDayal
                  Jan 26, 2016 at 1:54 am
                  New movie new dialogues. Ignore this guy.
                    disgusted
                    Jan 26, 2016 at 1:59 am
                    He shot over his wife's shoulder onto his own foot!! I am sure people know his true colors now and will never forgive him..
                      disgusted
                      Jan 26, 2016 at 1:57 am
                      एक सुंदर कहावत है "काठ की हाडी एक बार ही चढती है!"
                      1. N
                        NArayan
                        Jan 26, 2016 at 8:28 am
                        Worried about Dangal... Is he a hen-pecked husband???
                          MuftCMMufti
                          Jan 26, 2016 at 4:09 am
                          he is lying...surely kiran didnot said anything,,,they were his own words..not he is afraid that his movies will get boycott like Srk;s Dilwale so he is making such statements
                          1. T
                            TruIndian
                            Jan 25, 2016 at 9:41 pm
                            Cut him some slack guys, I think he has already paid a price after he made a bold statement in his last interview. He made a mistake and he is trying to correct it...but he still is and will always be a genuine Indian.
                              Ramakrishnan Iyer
                              Jan 26, 2016 at 2:52 am
                              These celebrities talk or do things based on requirements. Suppose one of their pictures are going to be released, some issues will be raised to be in news. These are all for us public through the media. If the media does not bother, nothing will happen. Is the media ready?
                                kumar
                                Jan 26, 2016 at 5:00 am
                                Amir says "Kiran said I should'nt have shared our private conversation in public". And that means - act national in public and anti-national at home. Vah miyan vah. Kya soch hai. Picture release hone se pahle he flop.
                                1. B
                                  Baba
                                  Jan 26, 2016 at 5:43 am
                                  Chu tiyaa , biwi zyada samajhdaar hai......
                                  1. J
                                    John
                                    Jan 25, 2016 at 6:48 pm
                                    Shame on Aamir to make such anti-India statement while being the B Ambador of India. I was your biggest fan and will now never watch your movies again.
                                      Me Marathi
                                      Jan 26, 2016 at 6:51 am
                                      I wont be surprised if aamir becomes a jihadi lullah mullah very soon.
                                      1. N
                                        naresh
                                        Jan 26, 2016 at 2:31 am
                                        Patriot Indians will always be mentioned with adjectives by Congressi guys. If they couldn't spare Sri Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, how can we expect them to be different to us.
                                        1. N
                                          naresh
                                          Jan 26, 2016 at 2:25 am
                                          What happened to your statement the next day that you stand by your comments o intolerance. Now that you were born here in India was your goodluck but I hope that you die out of India and stay dead there. Mother India can do without you.
                                            appu
                                            Jan 25, 2016 at 6:15 pm
                                            My friend, you are not that either the innocent or the simpleton! You knew what you were talking and you had a purpose as well. If not, Kiran must be talking to you on several matters and why don't you bring out all such discussions, the very private as well to the public! Now, Don't play the game. You got carried away and made huge mis-judgement. Just say Sorry to your countrymen and put a full stop.