Kiran said I shouldn’t have shared our private conversation in public: Aamir Khan

If there is one thing that Aamir Khan regrets about his statements made at RNG awards it is making the conversation with his wife Kiran Rao public.

Written by Sonup Sahadevan | Mumbai | Updated: January 25, 2016 10:48 pm
Aamir Khan, Aamir Khan at RNG Awards, Aamir KHan RNG Awards, Aamir Khan Intolerance, Aamir RNG Awards, Aamir intolerance Statement, Aamir Ramnath Goenka Awards, Entertainment news Aamir Khan said: “I shouldn’t have shared my private conversation with Kiran on a public platform (RNG awards).”

Also read: Never said India is intolerant, I was born here and will die here: Aamir Khan

When asked about Kiran’s reaction to the entire controversy after her name was dragged into the controversy, Aamir Khan said: “I shouldn’t have shared my private conversation with Kiran on a public platform (RNG awards). She made me realise that in no uncertain terms.”

Also read: Full transcript of Aamir Khan’s conversation at RNG awards: ‘If I must represent anyone, why just Muslims?’

Aamir Khan said he is an Indian first and always be an Indian.

“Our country is a beautiful example of unity in diversity. Take my family for instance. My wife is Hindu. My two sisters are married to Hindus. Farhat is married to Rajeev while Nikhat to Santosh. My cousin Mansoor has married a catholic. I have three kids and they are half Hindu and half Muslim. So you can see unity in diversity in my own family. And I always look at myself as an Indian. Both I and Kiran see ourselves as Indians. We never bring our religions into the picture. I am first an Indian and always will be an Indian.”

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

Sirius
    Jan 26, 2016 at 8:12 am
    Mr. Khan : You have insulted my nation and its people via your deable comments. I express my anguish by withdrawing my support for anything ociated with you or your extended family. "रहिमन धागा प्रेम का, मत तोरो चटकाय. टूटे पे फिर ना जुरे, जुरे गाँठ परी जाय."
      Pat
      Jan 26, 2016 at 11:05 pm
      Are you a 9/11 attacker from congress party?
        Pat
        Jan 26, 2016 at 11:00 pm
        I think over hyped yawn actor is a liar, he shoots through his wife's shoulders, are muzzies cowards, compulsive liars, everything is fair and right according to these shallow beings. just boycott this actor, if sunny Leone works with him, her career is going to take a beating. Amir needs a spunky actor to resurrect his career like sharuk, people of India put them on back burner. Enough, our motherland India comes first. Jai hind!
          Kris
          Jan 26, 2016 at 2:12 pm
          The idea behind uttering such words was to paint the current government as well as PM Modi in bad light and thought he will be treated as a hero by Modi baiters. However, Modi's supporters far outnumbered Modi baiters and he is now making various excuses. Aamir has been a Modi baiter many years ago and he was there to support Narmada Bachao Aandolan and was the signatory of the letter opposing US visa for Modi. The public utterance that India is an intolerant country, which he tried to shift it to his wife but without success, has cost him dearly and he will now be looked with suion by majority of Indians. This is a lesson for all the so called celebrities. They say India is an intolerant country but they have no hesitation to ridicule the majority community but keep silence when the intolerance comes from the minority community. No where in the world can one see such atude. Aaamir and Shahraukh have demonstrated that they not trustworthy and will change their stance according to situation.
            Amarendra Baahubali
            Jan 25, 2016 at 7:56 pm
            LOL ... so he is again sharing a private conversation between him and his wife. Hahahaha
              kumar
              Jan 26, 2016 at 8:20 am
              Bahi ..... too late , too little ! The irreparable damage has been done - Ex fan
              1. C
                chinu
                Jan 25, 2016 at 5:42 pm
                Aamir Khan.. please leave our country along with your kiran and and co... And even you also know that you are just a Desh Drohi...
                1. B
                  BalajiDayal
                  Jan 26, 2016 at 1:54 am
                  New movie new dialogues. Ignore this guy.