A special screening of documentary film titled ‘Gulabi Gang’, directed by Nishtha Jain, will be held for many Bollywood biggies including Raj Kumar Hirani, Gauri Shinde, Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Prasoon Joshi.
Filmmaker Kiran Rao, who is supporting the documentary, has invited these A-listers to view it. Last year, Kiran had turned presenter with the critically acclaimed film ‘Ship of Theseus’.
For the documentary, ‘Ship of Theseus’ actor Sohum Shah has turned presenter for it. The documentary is based on the women vigilante group leader Sampat Pal.
The fiery women of ‘Gulabi Gang’ take up the fight against gender violence, caste oppression and widespread corruption in Bundelkhand region.
Kiran watched the film and felt that more and more people should see it and so she invited her friends from the industry for the screening.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Gulabi Gang is not just a good film but a really important film. So I wanted to help it gain some attention within the film industry and also in the public space. Hence I am having a screening for a few friends who I am hoping will be as moved as I was by it and will spread the word about it,” Kiran said.
‘Gulabi Gang’ is slated to release on February 21. Also, a feature film on the same vigilante brigade in UP titled ‘Gulaab Gang’ starring Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla, is scheduled to hit screens on March 7 ahead of the International Womens’ Day.