A special screening of documentary film titled ‘Gulabi Gang’, directed by Nishtha Jain, will be held for many Bollywood biggies including Raj Kumar Hirani, Gauri Shinde, Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Prasoon Joshi.
Filmmaker Kiran Rao, who is supporting the documentary, has invited these A-listers to view it. Last year, Kiran had turned presenter with the critically acclaimed film ‘Ship of Theseus’.
For the documentary, ‘Ship of Theseus’ actor Sohum Shah has turned presenter for it. The documentary is based on the women vigilante group leader Sampat Pal.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The fiery women of ‘Gulabi Gang’ take up the fight against gender violence, caste oppression and widespread corruption in Bundelkhand region.
Kiran watched the film and felt that more and more people should see it and so she invited her friends from the industry for the screening.
“Gulabi Gang is not just a good film but a really important film. So I wanted to help it gain some attention within the film industry and also in the public space. Hence I am having a screening for a few friends who I am hoping will be as moved as I was by it and will spread the word about it,” Kiran said.
‘Gulabi Gang’ is slated to release on February 21. Also, a feature film on the same vigilante brigade in UP titled ‘Gulaab Gang’ starring Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla, is scheduled to hit screens on March 7 ahead of the International Womens’ Day.