Salman Khan’s Eid release ‘Kick’ is expected to shatter all the records for the box-office collections on the first week in Pakistan. The movie, which has already drawn big crowds in some preview screenings, being run in the multiplexes in Karachi.
“By the way the advance bookings have gone and the crowds that have shown up for the preview screenings ‘Kick’ should be the biggest grosser in Pakistan and break records,” well known film distributor and exhibitor Nadeem Mandviwalla told PTI.
In Pakistan, the record for the biggest box-office collections on the first day and first week are presently held by the Aamir Khan starrer ‘Dhoom 3’, which raked in a grand total of 240 million rupees while the Shaan starrer, Pakistani blockbuster, ‘Waar’ had a net collection of 230 million rupees.
“Kick should do better than them because the release timing is good as it is only after 10 days that a high profile new Bollywood movie ‘Entertainment’ will be released inPakistan,” Nadeem said. “That means for nearly 10 days there is really no competition for ‘Kick’ as the new Shaan spy thriller ‘Operation one’ release has also been delayed by a few months although it was expected to be released on Eid.”
Saleem Ahmed who is the manager at Bambino cinema said that the only competition for ‘Kick’ should come from two big hollywood movies ‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes’ and ‘Hercules’ also releasing on Eid. “But I think “Kick” will do big business because it is an action thriller with lots of stunts and fights and Salman is a big draw even in Pakistan,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
During the last Eid festival holidays, the censor board and ministry of culture and information had banned the exhibition of Salman’s thriller ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ in the country as it had a theme of a Pakistani spy agency in the film.