Salman Khan’s Eid release ‘Kick’ is expected to shatter all the records for the box-office collections on the first week in Pakistan. The movie, which has already drawn big crowds in some preview screenings, being run in the multiplexes in Karachi.
“By the way the advance bookings have gone and the crowds that have shown up for the preview screenings ‘Kick’ should be the biggest grosser in Pakistan and break records,” well known film distributor and exhibitor Nadeem Mandviwalla told PTI.
In Pakistan, the record for the biggest box-office collections on the first day and first week are presently held by the Aamir Khan starrer ‘Dhoom 3’, which raked in a grand total of 240 million rupees while the Shaan starrer, Pakistani blockbuster, ‘Waar’ had a net collection of 230 million rupees.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Kick should do better than them because the release timing is good as it is only after 10 days that a high profile new Bollywood movie ‘Entertainment’ will be released inPakistan,” Nadeem said. “That means for nearly 10 days there is really no competition for ‘Kick’ as the new Shaan spy thriller ‘Operation one’ release has also been delayed by a few months although it was expected to be released on Eid.”
Saleem Ahmed who is the manager at Bambino cinema said that the only competition for ‘Kick’ should come from two big hollywood movies ‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes’ and ‘Hercules’ also releasing on Eid. “But I think “Kick” will do big business because it is an action thriller with lots of stunts and fights and Salman is a big draw even in Pakistan,” he said.
During the last Eid festival holidays, the censor board and ministry of culture and information had banned the exhibition of Salman’s thriller ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ in the country as it had a theme of a Pakistani spy agency in the film.