Bollywood superstar Salman Khan’s Eid release ‘Kick’, which became the fastest film to enter the elite Rs 100 crore club, has become the ‘Dabangg’ actor’s ‘all time blockbuster’ film. The film has minted a whopping amount of Rs 226.98 crore within three weeks of its release.
Kick had earned Rs 200 crore within 10 days of its release.
Kick, which is Salman Khan’s highest grosser in India, earned Rs 1.97 on its third Friday, Rs 2.94 on third Saturday and Rs 3.92 on third Sunday.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted the film’s third week collection.
#Kick [Wk 3] Fri 1.97 cr, Sat 2.94 cr, Sun 3.92 cr, Mon 1.69 cr, Tue 1.35 cr. Grand total: ₹ 226.98 cr nett. ALL TIME BLOCKBUSTER
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) August 13, 2014
Sajid Nadiadwala’s directorial debut, ‘Kick’ also went on to become Salman Khan’s highest grosser in international market as it earned Rs 67.34 crore plus after three weekends.
OVERSEAS: #Kick total *after Weekend 3*: approx $ 11 million + [Rs 67.34 cr+]. Salman Khan’s HIGHEST GROSSER in intl markets.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) August 11, 2014
The film starring Jacqueline Fernandez, Randeep Hooda and Nawazuddin Siddiqui apart from Salman Khan, also went on to become the highest holiday grosser in Pakistan with an estimated earnings of Rs 20.8 million.
The action thriller ‘Kick’ hit over 5,000 screens in India on July 25. It also opened in 42 other countries including in non-traditional markets like France, Germany, Morocco and Maldives.
‘Kick’ is produced by the Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment banner. The film is a remake of Telugu film of the same name, with a screenplay adapted by Nadiadwala and Chetan Bhagat.
Inspite of mixed reviews, ‘Kick’ became the highest opening day grossing film of 2014. It became the second highest first week collections of all time after ‘Dhoom 3.’