Bollywood superstar Salman Khan’s Eid release ‘Kick’, which became the fastest film to enter the elite Rs 100 crore club, has become the ‘Dabangg’ actor’s ‘all time blockbuster’ film. The film has minted a whopping amount of Rs 226.98 crore within three weeks of its release.
Kick had earned Rs 200 crore within 10 days of its release.
Kick, which is Salman Khan’s highest grosser in India, earned Rs 1.97 on its third Friday, Rs 2.94 on third Saturday and Rs 3.92 on third Sunday.
Film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted the film’s third week collection.
#Kick [Wk 3] Fri 1.97 cr, Sat 2.94 cr, Sun 3.92 cr, Mon 1.69 cr, Tue 1.35 cr. Grand total: ₹ 226.98 cr nett. ALL TIME BLOCKBUSTER
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) August 13, 2014
Sajid Nadiadwala’s directorial debut, ‘Kick’ also went on to become Salman Khan’s highest grosser in international market as it earned Rs 67.34 crore plus after three weekends.
OVERSEAS: #Kick total *after Weekend 3*: approx $ 11 million + [Rs 67.34 cr+]. Salman Khan’s HIGHEST GROSSER in intl markets.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) August 11, 2014
The film starring Jacqueline Fernandez, Randeep Hooda and Nawazuddin Siddiqui apart from Salman Khan, also went on to become the highest holiday grosser in Pakistan with an estimated earnings of Rs 20.8 million.
The action thriller ‘Kick’ hit over 5,000 screens in India on July 25. It also opened in 42 other countries including in non-traditional markets like France, Germany, Morocco and Maldives.
‘Kick’ is produced by the Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment banner. The film is a remake of Telugu film of the same name, with a screenplay adapted by Nadiadwala and Chetan Bhagat.
Inspite of mixed reviews, ‘Kick’ became the highest opening day grossing film of 2014. It became the second highest first week collections of all time after ‘Dhoom 3.’