Househusbands are a rare breed in India. But isn’t it delightful to see a man whose only ambition in life is to take care of his house while his wife brings in the money home. Such role reversals are barely seen in the very patriarchal India.
Also read: Arjun Kapoor wants characters with ‘shades’
The just released trailer is what one could term as a fun watch. It is simple, the lead pair are delectable to watch and the comic situations and lines are entertaining without suffering from the usual over the top malaise.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
As always, R. Balki has directed a concept not quite explored in Indian cinema. The love story spun between Kareena and Arjun is skilfully woven through role reversals. From displaying Arjun chopping vegetables to him shying away from sex citing exhaustion even as Kareena demands it (of course Arjun finally gives in), Ki and Ka beautifully packs all things needed for an entertaining watch.
Watch the trailer here:
Life’s all about taking chances !!! http://t.co/oEnm7hEb4c
— Arjun Kapoor (@arjunk26) February 15, 2016
While Kareena is her natural self in the movie and easily plays the man of the house, Arjun too seems have slipped in well into the role of the subdued house husband.
The movie is also replete with kisses between the lead pair which fortunately hasn’t been edited out by the censor board.
It remains to be seen how effectively Balki will convey the message of both genders -male and female- being equal and no job especially housework being gender specific.