Bollywood actress Preity Zinta, who is also co-owner of Kings XI Punjab cricket team, has filed a police complaint against her former boyfriend and businessman Ness Wadia, alleging that he molested, abused and threatened her inside Wankhede stadium in south Mumbai. Here are some of the key points from the case:
1. Preity Zinta filed the police complaint on Friday (June 13) night alleging that she was molested by Ness Wadia, 44, inside Wankhede stadium on May 30 during the Kings XI Punjab’s match against Chennai Super Kings.
2. Preity Zinta gave a written complaint on June 12 following which an FIR was registered against Ness Wadia under IPC sections 354 (Assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 504 (Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace), 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation) and 509 (Word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman), police sources added.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
3. Reacting to the complaint, Ness Wadia issued a statement expressing shock at the development and denying all allegations.
4. The statement said: “I am shocked at the complaint and the allegations made against me and they were totally false and baseless.”
5. Preity Zinta claims that she was abused by Ness Wadia earlier as well. She further accused Wadia of even threatening her over the issue.
6. According to TV reports, Preity Zinta said, “My intention not to harm anyone, but only to protect myself. Preity Zinta further said, “It is a very difficult time for me.”
Preity and Ness had broken their five-year long relationship sometime back.