Mahesh Bhatt observes fasts during Ramadan as a tribute to his late mother and says on Eid he looks forward to “uniquely designed vegetable biryani”. His colleague Shabana Azmi enjoys the festival by feasting with loved ones and appreciates it for “the goodwill” and “continuity of tradition” that it brings.
Here is what celebrities have to say about the festival being celebrated Tuesday:
Mahesh Bhatt: Celebrations begin tonight as soon as we spot the moon. Like every year we usher in Eid by playing the song ‘Gali mein aaj chand nikla’ from my last directorial film ‘Zakhm’.
I look forward to eating my Eid speciality, a uniquely designed vegetable biryani made specially for me by my neighbour. Do you know I keep all the ‘roza’ in the memory of my mother? I’ve been doing that since 1998 after her demise.
Shabana Azmi: I’ll be celebrating at home with family and close friends as has been the norm. During earlier times abba’s (father Kaifi Azmi) friends would drop in and the standard fare was ‘dahi vadas’ and ‘sheer khorma’. Now everybody just comes for lunch.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Biryani, kababs, aloo gosht, chicken dum, mirchi ka salan and sheer khorma is the Eid menu. On the night before Eid, everyone pools in to cut the badaam and pista for the sheer khorma. Kids put on mehndi, bangle-wali comes to make jodas for all and everybody waits with bated breath to sight the ‘Eid Ka Chand’. Alas, the ghararas have made way for the more practical salwar-kurta. Kids look forward to their Eidi. I love the goodwill and the bonhomie and most of all the continuity of tradition.
Adnan Sami: My wife Roya and I will spend Eid with close friends. Our thoughts and hearts are with the people of Gaza and the tragic times they are enduring. May the Lord have mercy on them.”
Zarine Khan: My entire ‘khandaan’ (family) comes together on Eid. Then in the evening we will visit friends.