Actress Katrina Kaif thinks that the portrayal of women in Bollywood films has changed.
“The portrayal of women has changed over a period of time… The kind of roles and films that are being made with women are great. We not only have women-centric films but even in a love story, where hero and heroine have equal role, the characters of women are strong and not stereotypical,” Katrina, 30, told PTI.
“Earlier the roles of women were more or less same, they were repeated, but today there is a difference. And people are loving it,” she said.
L’Oreal Paris brand ambassadors Katrina, Aishwarya Rai and Sonam Kapoor came together to celebrate India’s women achievers at the third edition of the L’Oreal Paris Femina Women Awards yesterday.
Fifteen women from different walks of life were felicitated. “We actors work for gratification, money, fame, acknowledgement. These women who won awards do things not for financial reasons or anything,” Katrina said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review