After tickling the funny bone of audiences with his endearing character in Pyaar Ka Punchnama series, actor Kartik Aaryan says he is game for essaying different roles on the silver screen.
“People have seen me in chocolate-boy roles… I would love to challenge myself. I am looking to versatile roles, and you are going to see me in some surprising roles,” Kartik told IANS.
Asked if has become selective after Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2, Kartik said: “It’s just a matter of a good script which touches your heart before it reaches the audience.”
Be it Rajjo from Pyaar Ka Punchanama or Akaash from Akaash Vani, the 25-year-old star has mostly been seen in a romantic avtar in film.
- Kartik Aaryan: New Chip of the Old Block
- Kartik Aaryan: Will try doing at least two films a year
- Luv Ranjan on the alleged misogyny in Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety: Political correctness is not always a great thing
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety actor Nushrat Bharucha: Loved exploring a new side to my relationship with Kartik
- I am already stereotyped: Kartik Aaryan
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety actor Kartik Aaryan: I have learnt to deal with box office result
Do we see him essaying a romantic character anytime soon?
“I would love to because romance and fun are genre which never fade off. But I would love to go in a different zone. I love to take risks,” he said.
The actor says that he has just started his career and will be seen exploring diverse genres in his upcoming projects.
Kartik, who has been a part of tinsel town for five years, says he is not keen to explore the small screen as of now.
“Everyone has different priorities, and they make their decisions based on them. Personally at the moment, I am focusing on my upcoming movies,” said Kartik, who is the brand ambassador for deodorant brand ENVY 10000 Crystal.
Asked if he considers body odour to be an ultimate dating turn-off, Kartik said: “Absolutely, I believe the first impression is the last impression… It is important to be presentable not just by looks but also in entirety.”