Actress Kareena Kapoor’s wax statue at Madam Tussauds has undergone a style change with the actress donating her famous ‘Chammak Chalo’ red saree from ‘Ra.One’ for the replica.
The statue was earlier styled in the black tank top and harem pants that Kareena wore in ‘Mauza hi mauza’ song from ‘Jab We Met’.
The actress, 33, who was in the city to celebrate the 44th birthday of actor-husband Saif Ali Khan, visited Madam Tussauds to get her photos click with the newly styled replica.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“The saree looks really pretty, really spectacular – and I always think that the figure’s eyes are just like mine,” Kareena said in a statement on the Tussauds’ website.
“I wanted my fans to see my figure in an outfit that was known and loved from one of my films, and my favourite outfit to wear out is a saree, so I jumped at the chance to redress my Madame Tussauds figure in one. This is a moment I’ll treasure forever,” she added.
The statue will be kept in the attraction’s Bollywood area until late summer before returning to Madame Tussauds Blackpool.
The figure took four months and 150,000 pounds to complete.
Other Bollywood celebrities who have their wax statues are Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan.
Tussauds is planning to add another Bollywood heroine’s statue by next year. The name would be decided through voting by fans.