Actress Kareena Kapoor’s wax statue at Madam Tussauds has undergone a style change with the actress donating her famous ‘Chammak Chalo’ red saree from ‘Ra.One’ for the replica.
The statue was earlier styled in the black tank top and harem pants that Kareena wore in ‘Mauza hi mauza’ song from ‘Jab We Met’.
The actress, 33, who was in the city to celebrate the 44th birthday of actor-husband Saif Ali Khan, visited Madam Tussauds to get her photos click with the newly styled replica.
“The saree looks really pretty, really spectacular – and I always think that the figure’s eyes are just like mine,” Kareena said in a statement on the Tussauds’ website.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“I wanted my fans to see my figure in an outfit that was known and loved from one of my films, and my favourite outfit to wear out is a saree, so I jumped at the chance to redress my Madame Tussauds figure in one. This is a moment I’ll treasure forever,” she added.
The statue will be kept in the attraction’s Bollywood area until late summer before returning to Madame Tussauds Blackpool.
The figure took four months and 150,000 pounds to complete.
Other Bollywood celebrities who have their wax statues are Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan.
Tussauds is planning to add another Bollywood heroine’s statue by next year. The name would be decided through voting by fans.