Married actresses not getting good roles is a thing of past in Bollywood, according to Kareena Kapoor Khan, who says her career did not suffer any setback after she tied the knot Saif Ali Khan and she still gets to work with top stars like Aamir, Salman Khan and Ajay Devgn.
The 33-year-old actress married Saif in 2012, and right after the wedding she starred opposite Aamir Khan in ‘Talaash’, did an item number in Salman-starrer ‘Dabangg 2’ and was part of Prakash Jha’s ‘Satyagraha’ with Amitabh Bachchan and Ajay Devgn.
Kareena will be next seen in ‘Singham Returns’ opposite Devgn and has also signed a film with Salman titled ‘Bajrangi Baijaan’.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I am happy and proud that even after marriage I am working with Ajay and Salman… getting offered big-budget commercial films. Being married is not a crime and it has nothing to do with my career. Hindi movies are changing. Today it’s all about good actors, not about young and old. I am happy to be married and 33,” Kareena told PTI.
The actress, whose upcoming film ‘Singham Returns’ will hit theatres this Friday, says she has been keeping so busy after marriage especially for the last few months that her husband has been complaining that he doesn’t get to spend enough time with her because of her tight schedule.
“I am busier after marriage. I have been so busy for the last five months that Saif is like ‘I am not getting enough time with my wife’. So, I have decided that after this I am going to take a break for one and half months and travel with him,” she said.
“Singham Returns’ will reunite frequent collaborators- director Rohit Shetty, Devgn and Kareena, who have previously worked together in laugh riots ‘Golmaal 2’ and ‘Golmaal 3’.
Kareena says the character of a spunky and vivacious girl in the film was what attracted her and it was welcome change for her after a string of serious roles.
“It is an exciting journey with Rohit and Ajay. We have worked together in so many films. Rohit has given me very successful films. When he offered me this film I could not say no as he is the biggest director in the country. After a long time people will see me in this role where I play a very spunky girl,” Kareena said.
In her 14-year-long career, Kareena has worked in both commercial films like ‘Bodyguard’, ‘Kabhi Khushi abhi Gham’, ‘Jab We Met’, as well as off-beat movies including ‘Dev’, ‘Chameli’, ‘Omkara’ among others.
When asked which of films excite her more, Kareena said, “I am a commercial actress. It is a part of me. I am both a star and an actress. I can’t be just doing off-beat films.
“Moreover it is not about doing off–beat movies, it is about great script. Having said that, I feel big budget films are something that I can’t live without,” she said.
Kareena will begin shooting for Kabir Khan’s ‘Bajrangi Baijaan’ from October after her mini vacation with Saif.
Besides that she says she has 25 scripts lying with her and she will take a call on her future projects very soon.
“I want to work with new directors. I want to do films that I believe in. That is why for the last three months I have listened to 25 scripts. I am going to take a call,” she said.