Actress Kareena Kapoor Khan says though she loves doing commercial films, she would not mind being part of off beat movies if an exciting offer comes her way.
“Commercial films have their own charm. I love doing commercial masala films. In my career commercial films like ‘Golmaal Returns’, ‘Bodyguard’, ‘RaOne’ and others did well at the box office,” Kareena said in an interview here.
“I think the commercial films that I did had something for me to do in it. It is not that in these films I was just there for the heck of it. I enjoy doing commercial films. I think I am the most commercial heroine,” she said.
Though the actress loves being part of commercial films, she also wants to act in parallel cinema, provided the offer is exciting.
“I will do that (parallel or off beat cinema), but I won’t do it just for the heck of it. I have been one of the initial actresses to do films like ‘Dev D’, ‘Chameli’, ‘Omkara’ and others,” Kareena said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“At this stage I will not do a film like that because I have done too much of that. The script has to be good as I don’t have anything to prove to anyone now…till then I am happy doing commercial films,” she said.
Kareena did off beat films in her career primarily because she needed to balance herself as an artist.
“I come from a family where I wanted to prove myself as an actress. I was 21 when I played the role of a prostitute in ‘Chameli’ and then again played it in ‘Talaash’,” she said.
“My mother-in-law has played a prostitute twice in her career, in ‘Amar Prem’ and ‘Mausam’, in a span of 13 years and so have I,” she said.
The 33-year-old actress says she has done lot of films for friends and now she want to do movies for story. She did not name the films that she did for the sake of friendship.
At a time when most of the films have intimate or bold scenes, Kareena doesn’t seem to be open for it.
“I don’t think I can be part of a film like ‘The Dirty Picture’. I don’t think I can ever do a film like this. I don’t have the courage and boldness to do such films. For me it is a challenge to be part of a film like ‘Golmaal 3’ and still have a great role,” Kareena said.
“It is an honour for me to be part of films like ‘Singham Returns’, that is what works for me and my career,” she said.