After walking out of some renowned films like ‘Ram Leela’ and ‘Shuddhi’, Kareena Kapoor Khan has called it quits once again. The actress has now walked out of Rajkumar Gupta’s next, apparently titled ‘Section 84’.
Filmmaker Rajkumar Gupta clarified that this was a mutual decision and things did not go as planned. While the film was to go on floor in April this year, it faced many delays and was pushed to August. Now, with the actress walking out, Gupta is on a lookout for another actress who will replace Kareena Kapoor Khan as the protagonist. The film is based on a woman suffering from schizophrenia and when she steps out of the mental asylum, she finds herself in trouble whilst she is caught up in a crime.
- Kareena Kapoor fans write open letter, express disappointment over her choice of films
- Kareena Kapoor: 'Shuddhi' not happening
- Kareena Kapoor: I do not regret rejecting 'Queen, Ram-Leela'
- Ranbir-Deepika to replace Hrithik-Kareena in 'Shuddhi'?
- Kareena Kapoor on rejecting 'Ram-Leela': I confess that I'm mad
- Kareena Kapoor Khan: I am scared of working in south films
The film deals with Section 84 of IPC which states, ‘Act of a person of unsound mind.-Nothing is an offence which is done by a person who, at the time of doing it, by reason of unsoundness of mind, is incapable of knowing the nature of the act, or that he is doing what is either wrong or contrary to law.’
The film is produced by Eros International.