She is known to be extremely stylish but in her forthcoming film “Udta Punjab”, Bollywood star Kareena Kapoor Khan will don the simple look of a doctor.
The 35-year-old actress said her role in the neo-noir drama-thriller is on the lines of a Samaritan, but the setting of the movie is dark.
“I play a doctor in the film. It’s (the role) very simple and nice, good Samaritan kind of a thing. But the whole atmosphere of the film is so nice and dark that the role is very different,” Kareena told PTI.
“Udta Punjab”, directed by Abhishek Chaubey, is being made after four years of research and is based around the drug-related problems prevalent in Punjab.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Kareena said the movie is starkly different from her upcoming film “Ki & Ka”.
“‘Udta Punjab’ will be totally different from ‘Ki & Ka’ because this is lot more fun, quirky and entertaining. ‘Udta Punjab’ will be dark, gritty, edgy kind of a film,” she said.
Punjabi actor Diljit Dosanjh will be seen opposite the “Bajrangi Bhaijaan” actress.
Kareena made her film debut in 2000 with JP Dutta’s “Refugee” and went on to work in films ranging from multi-starrer “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham”, to crime-drama “Omkara” and “Jab We Met”, a romantic-comedy.
The actress, who earlier used to feature in four-five movies every year, has slowed down her work and is seen doing one-two films per year, which she terms intentional.
“It is a conscious decision, yes. I want to do something which is great, something that I love, which will get me excited to go to the studio and do it. So, it is going to take a lot out of me to say yes,” she said.
Her next film “Ki & Ka” opposite Arjun Kapoor is slated to release on April 1.