She is known to be extremely stylish but in her forthcoming film “Udta Punjab”, Bollywood star Kareena Kapoor Khan will don the simple look of a doctor.
The 35-year-old actress said her role in the neo-noir drama-thriller is on the lines of a Samaritan, but the setting of the movie is dark.
“I play a doctor in the film. It’s (the role) very simple and nice, good Samaritan kind of a thing. But the whole atmosphere of the film is so nice and dark that the role is very different,” Kareena told PTI.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Udta Punjab”, directed by Abhishek Chaubey, is being made after four years of research and is based around the drug-related problems prevalent in Punjab.
Kareena said the movie is starkly different from her upcoming film “Ki & Ka”.
“‘Udta Punjab’ will be totally different from ‘Ki & Ka’ because this is lot more fun, quirky and entertaining. ‘Udta Punjab’ will be dark, gritty, edgy kind of a film,” she said.
Punjabi actor Diljit Dosanjh will be seen opposite the “Bajrangi Bhaijaan” actress.
Kareena made her film debut in 2000 with JP Dutta’s “Refugee” and went on to work in films ranging from multi-starrer “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham”, to crime-drama “Omkara” and “Jab We Met”, a romantic-comedy.
The actress, who earlier used to feature in four-five movies every year, has slowed down her work and is seen doing one-two films per year, which she terms intentional.
“It is a conscious decision, yes. I want to do something which is great, something that I love, which will get me excited to go to the studio and do it. So, it is going to take a lot out of me to say yes,” she said.
Her next film “Ki & Ka” opposite Arjun Kapoor is slated to release on April 1.