Actress Kareena Kapoor, who has worked with some of the biggest banners, says that she has no complaints about the remuneration structure in the film industry as she is ‘paid really well’.
While actresses like Vidya Balan and Priyanka Chopra feel there is disparity in the remuneration system compared to actors in Bollywood, Kareena shares a different opinion.
“I get paid very well and I have no complaints. If it’s a big budget film, they can afford and what works for another actress might not work for somebody else,” the actress told reporters in a group interview.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I feel each and every actor is different. For example, I can never do ‘The Dirty Picture’. I don’t have that courage and boldness but for me it’s a challenge to be a part of ‘Golmaal 3’ and still have a great role. It’s an honour for me to be a part of ‘Singham’ and that works for me. It’s unfair to draw any comparisons,” she added.
However, the 33-year-old was of different opinion in the year 2012 when at an event in the capital she shared how Vidya’s National Award-winning performance in the 2011 released film ‘The Dirty Picture’ has given actresses the hope for a brighter tomorrow in the Indian film industry.
It was during that time Kareena said that she will fight for “equal pay cheques” for both actors and actresses.
Meanwhile Kareena is waiting for Rohit Shetty’s ‘Singham Returns’, also starring Ajay Devgn. The film is the second instalment of the 2011 Bollywood blockbuster “Singham” and is scheduled to release in August.