Actress Kareena Kapoor doesn’t feel disheartened about her projects getting delayed or things not working out the way she wants them to, and has indeed started taking them in her stride.
Two of Kareena’s most talked-about films, Karan Johar’s home production ‘Shuddhi’ and ‘Bombay Samurai’ opposite Farhan Akhtar are stuck for some reasons. In case of ‘Shuddhi’, the project derailed due to lead actor Hrithik Roshan’s health issues, forcing Kareena to walk out of the venture. ‘Bombay Samurai’ got delayed apparently as the production house (Excel Entertainment) is busy with other project with Shah Rukh Khan.
The film was initially supposed to go on floors this month but now it will happen post September, contrary to reports that it is delayed to next year.
“I have left ‘Shuddhi’, I am not part of it anymore. I am not at all disheartened about it. It (‘Bombay Samurai’ getting delayed) gives me more time for myself and to holiday… I am married now I am not running a relay marathon now. I don’t know why the press makes such a big deal about it,” Kareena Kapoor told PTI in an exclusive interview.
“After ‘Singham 2’, we will shoot for ‘Bombay Samurai’. It (film) needs international crew so we will begin (to) work on it post September,” she said, adding that shooting for ‘Singham 2’ will start from March 25.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
When asked about her refusal to projects like ‘Queen’, ‘Ram-Leela’, ‘Chennai Express’, ‘Fashion’, ‘Kal Ho Na Ho’, ‘Black’ and others which subsequently went to other actresses, Kareena Kapoor said she did not regret her decision. “I feel honoured and glad to give work to other people. I hope they (actresses) become stars as I have rejected big films,” she said.
When asked about her criteria for picking a film, Kareena Kapoor said she wanted to be related to the project and big banner is secondary.
“I am looking for films that I want to be part of… something that excites me. I listen to about two stories a day but I am not going to say yes to anyone, no matter who it is. I don’t think whether that person is big (filmmaker) or not. I will go by the script and that is more important for me and I have learnt that over the years,” Kareena Kapoor added.