Actress Kareena Kapoor doesn’t feel disheartened about her projects getting delayed or things not working out the way she wants them to, and has indeed started taking them in her stride.
Two of Kareena’s most talked-about films, Karan Johar’s home production ‘Shuddhi’ and ‘Bombay Samurai’ opposite Farhan Akhtar are stuck for some reasons. In case of ‘Shuddhi’, the project derailed due to lead actor Hrithik Roshan’s health issues, forcing Kareena to walk out of the venture. ‘Bombay Samurai’ got delayed apparently as the production house (Excel Entertainment) is busy with other project with Shah Rukh Khan.
The film was initially supposed to go on floors this month but now it will happen post September, contrary to reports that it is delayed to next year.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“I have left ‘Shuddhi’, I am not part of it anymore. I am not at all disheartened about it. It (‘Bombay Samurai’ getting delayed) gives me more time for myself and to holiday… I am married now I am not running a relay marathon now. I don’t know why the press makes such a big deal about it,” Kareena Kapoor told PTI in an exclusive interview.
“After ‘Singham 2’, we will shoot for ‘Bombay Samurai’. It (film) needs international crew so we will begin (to) work on it post September,” she said, adding that shooting for ‘Singham 2’ will start from March 25.
When asked about her refusal to projects like ‘Queen’, ‘Ram-Leela’, ‘Chennai Express’, ‘Fashion’, ‘Kal Ho Na Ho’, ‘Black’ and others which subsequently went to other actresses, Kareena Kapoor said she did not regret her decision. “I feel honoured and glad to give work to other people. I hope they (actresses) become stars as I have rejected big films,” she said.
When asked about her criteria for picking a film, Kareena Kapoor said she wanted to be related to the project and big banner is secondary.
“I am looking for films that I want to be part of… something that excites me. I listen to about two stories a day but I am not going to say yes to anyone, no matter who it is. I don’t think whether that person is big (filmmaker) or not. I will go by the script and that is more important for me and I have learnt that over the years,” Kareena Kapoor added.