Actress Kareena Kapoor Khan says the issue of gender bias is something which has still not become a centre of discussion.
The 35-year-old actress will be seen in the upcoming film “Ki & Ka”, directed by R Balki. The film features Arjun Kapoor as progressive house-husband supporting his wife, enacted by Kareena, who is a career-oriented woman.
“It is a very different film because of the concept of gender bias. It’s an issue which nobody addresses. There is a stay-at-home husband, there is a woman who wants to work,” Kareena told PTI.
“Today anyways women are there in every field, they are leading the pack. They are definitely more independent than what they were 20 years ago,” she said.
Kareena, who last worked in Salman Khan-starrer “Bajrangi Bhaijaan”, said it was a challenge to make her character — that of an ambitious young woman — real and believable.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“It’s a very interesting role where I have tried to play a girl which will make the audience feel she is as normal as the viewer watching the film. When you play a character, your body type becomes like that. Whether you play a footballer, or boxer, your clothes and hair push you to do that.
“But here, to play a normal girl who works at a marketing agency and to make it really believable that she is ambitious, is I think a lot more difficult,” she said.
The film may deal with unconventional issues, but when the script was offered to Kareena there was no apprehension at all as she agreed to it without listening the second-half.
“I signed it the minute I heard. When I heard the first-half of the film and it was interval, I told Balki sir don’t tell me the second-half, I am on it,” she said.
When asked if her actor-husband Saif Ali Khan has anysimilarities with the character of Arjun in the film, Kareena said, “Well, not really, because both of us are working in the same profession, so it makes it a lot more difficult. But I am sure Saif won’t mind relaxing a bit more at home.”
“Ki & Ka” releases on April 1.