Actress Karena Kapoor says in the past she has done a lot of films for the sake of friendship, but now only a film with a “good story” will lure her.
“I have done a lot of films for friends. Now I want to do films for story. I don’t regret it (having done any films for friends) and for me, it’s never a mistake. I am like that – I always think from the heart, so it’s fine,” Kareena said here.
The actress, who has been part of some commercial films like “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham….”, “3 Idiots”, “Bodyguard” and “RA.One”, has also done offbeat roles in films like “Chameli” and “Talaash”.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
What was her reason behind choosing those?
“I did ‘Chameli’ and ‘Dev’ becaue I needed to balance myself. I come from a family where I needed to prove myself. I was 21 when I played a prostitute in ‘Chameli’ and I played it again in ‘Talaash’…both have been great films of my career,” she added.
Now that Kareena will soon be seen in a commercial film like “Singham Returns”, is she open to the idea of taking up an offbeat movie at this point of time in her career?
“I will do that but I won’t do it just for the sake of it because I did ‘Dev’, ‘Chameli’ and ‘Omkara’ when I was the most (successful) commercial actress. At this stage, I will not do a film just like that or heck of it, because I have done that and I am happy doing commercial films.”
“I don’t have to prove anything (now). Most importantly, the script has to be good.”