Bollywood celebrities made their presence felt on the ramp as showstoppers for designers at the recently concluded Lakme Fashion Week. Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2014 was held from March 12-16 where 98 designers presented their collections.
Celebrity designer Manish Malhotra opened the fashion gala this season with actress Sonakshi Sinha walked the ramp for him in a long black kurta with white embroidery. (See Pics: Sonakshi Sinha opens LFW 2014)
The grand finale saw Lakme brand ambassador Kareena Kapoor Khan in a long-sleeved V-neck glittering black gown. Wearing an off white colour Kaftan with cuts on both the sides, actress Priyanka Chopra displayed confidence on the ramp in a Neeta Lulla creation on day five of LFW. (In Pics: Kareena, Priyanka at LFW Finale)
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Actress Kangna Ranaut, basking in the success of her latest film ‘Queen’, was the showstopper for popular multi brand e-store Jabong.com where she made an entry in a silver sequin gown with subtle detailing. (In Pics: Kirron Kher, Purab walk the ramp
Designer Anita Dongre ended day three of LFW with her collection called “Varanasi Weaves” which was a tribute to the traditional Indian fabrics. Actress-producer Dia Mirza glided down the catwalk in a lemon lehenga and long sleeved blouse.
Reliance Jewels presented Tarun Tahiliani’s collection on day one of LFW. Jacqueline Fernandez was his showstopper and wore a shaded orange-pink-red net kurta dupatta and decked up with magnificent necklace and earrings.
To match the sensuous yet sophisticated look of her creations, designer Jyotsna Tiwari brought on the ramp adult actress Sunny Leone in a figure hugging layered fish-tail net gown with glittering crystals. (In Pics: Sushmita Sen, Amrita Rao on the ramp)
Olympic medal winner boxer Vijender Singh walked the ramp for ace designer Archana Kochhar. Singh, who is making his acting debut with Akshay Kumar’s home production film ‘Fugly’, was joined by co-stars Kiara Advani, Mohit Marwah on the ramp.
Day five also saw actors Saqib Saleem of ‘Mere Dad Ki Maruti’ fame and Sonal Chauhan walking the ramp for designers Kunal Anil Tanna and Surya Sarkar respectively.
Actresses Karisma Kapoor and Ileana D’Cruz stepped out in lehenga for designers Arpita Mehta and Anushree Reddy on day four of LFW. Model-actress Nargis Fakhri, who is looking forward to the release of ‘Main Tera Hero’, was seen on the runway for designer Shehla Khan.
Others like Prachi Desai, Kalki Koechlin, Amrita Puri of ‘Aisha’ and ‘Kai Po Che’ fame and Gauhar Khan ended the show for designers like Sonaakshi Raaj, Kommal Sood, Ritika Mirchandani and Ken Ferns respectively.
Sushmita Sen made heads turn in a cutwork skirt, bustier for designer Kresha Bajaj. Day four at LFW also had actors like Kirron Kher, Amrita Rao, Paoli Dam of ‘Hate Story’ fame, VJ actor Purab Kohli presenting collection of designers Gaurang Shah, Sonam-Paras Modi, Sayantan Sarkar and Lalit Sengar respectively.
Stopping the show for designer Payal Singhal was actress Neha Dhupia, model actress Lisa Haydon ended the show for designer Monica & Karishma while actor-Singer Monica Dogra was seen on ramp wearing for Veda Raheja.
Actress Richa Chadda graced the runway for designer Sounia Gohil and actor Ali Fazal of ‘3 Idiots’ and ‘Fukrey’ was the showstopper for designer Digvijay Singh.
The other Bollywood personalities who attended the fashion extravaganza were Kajol, Tanisha, Ameesha Patel, Sonali Bendre, Shilpa Shetty with sister Shamita, Urmila Matondkar, Pooja Bedi, playback singer Alka Yagnik and others. (In Pics: Kajol, Neha, Malaika at LFW 2014)