In the Aditya Chopra directed romantic drama, Karan, 42, had played a cameo of a lovable, bespectacled sidekick of SRK.
“I have a lot of memories of ‘DDLJ’. I started my career from there… It is and will be the largest part of my career. The film with its epic love story and innocence had set the barometer,” Karan told reporters here at the trailer launch of Bollywood film ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“After this, a lot of love stories were made but nobody could touch that bar. It is the pillar of love stories,” he added.
Karan said that through ‘Humpty Sharma..’ he is paying tribute to ‘DDLJ’.
“Our film (‘Humpty Sharma..) is an ode to ‘DDLJ’. One will see glimpses of ‘DDLJ’ but the love story is different from ‘DDLJ’. We have made this film with honesty, integrity (and) with an intention to entertain people,” he said.
Karan has always mentioned the 1995 romantic comedy as one of his favourite films in the genre of romance.