Filmmaker Karan Johar has refuted reports that Pakistani actor Fawad Khan would feature in the first episode of the upcoming fifth season of Koffee With Karan.
The director has begun shooting for the season, which is expected to air next month. Fawad, who starred in Johar’s production Kapoor & Sons and has a cameo in his upcoming directorial venture Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, was widely rumoured to be the first guest on the celebrity talk show.
When asked about it, Johar said, “No. I haven’t yet reached the combination (of stars appearing on the season). There have been a lot of conjectures about that but we are zeroing-in on episode one and we will announce it soon.” The director was speaking at a session of Jagran Film Festival here last evening.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Fawad and Johar have been amid tensions lately after Maharashtra Navnirman Sena demanded the ouster of Pakistani artistes from the film industry in the wake of Uri attack. Recently, the Indian Motion Picture Producers Association also announced the ban on the actors and technicians from the neighbouring country till things don’t get normal between the two nations.
Meanwhile, when asked what new is his show going to offer, Johar said, “There’s nothing new. It’s the same lot (of stars) with new combinations. We haven’t created many stars since the last season so, there’s nothing new. Luckily, they have new lovers, enemies and controversies!”