Before becoming an actor, Sidharth worked as an assistant director to Karan for ‘My Name Is Khan’ (2010). It was he who gave a break to Sidharth as an actor in ‘Student of the Year’. The actor’s next film ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ too was backed by the filmmaker.
Though his third film ‘Ek Villain’ is produced by Ekta Kapoor but other projects that are in the actor’s kitty like ‘The Warrior’ remake and ‘Priceless’ remake are backed by Karan, strengthening the perception that he is promoting Sidharth. But the actor says that Karan is far too busy to ‘push’ his career.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“There are three projects as of now – out of which two are Dharma Productions and one is Balaji Telefilms. If I knew Karan had such a hold on other things I will request him to get me more work,” Sidharth told PTI.
“I think he (Karan) has far more work and he has no time. If people think that if I am not apt for a particular kind of a role and if somebody makes a phone call.. It is that easy I wish people keep making millions of phone calls and I keep getting films,” he said.
However the 29-year-old actor is grateful to Karan for giving him the break as an actor. “He is someone who is next to my parents… My family. I am grateful to him for showing trust and confidence in me. I am thankful to him he is the reason why I am here,” he added.