Before becoming an actor, Sidharth worked as an assistant director to Karan for ‘My Name Is Khan’ (2010). It was he who gave a break to Sidharth as an actor in ‘Student of the Year’. The actor’s next film ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ too was backed by the filmmaker.
Though his third film ‘Ek Villain’ is produced by Ekta Kapoor but other projects that are in the actor’s kitty like ‘The Warrior’ remake and ‘Priceless’ remake are backed by Karan, strengthening the perception that he is promoting Sidharth. But the actor says that Karan is far too busy to ‘push’ his career.
“There are three projects as of now – out of which two are Dharma Productions and one is Balaji Telefilms. If I knew Karan had such a hold on other things I will request him to get me more work,” Sidharth told PTI.
“I think he (Karan) has far more work and he has no time. If people think that if I am not apt for a particular kind of a role and if somebody makes a phone call.. It is that easy I wish people keep making millions of phone calls and I keep getting films,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
However the 29-year-old actor is grateful to Karan for giving him the break as an actor. “He is someone who is next to my parents… My family. I am grateful to him for showing trust and confidence in me. I am thankful to him he is the reason why I am here,” he added.