Filmmaker Karan Johar, who has launched several newcomers in Bollywood, feels it is not a cakewalk for children of film personalities in the industry.
He has launched several directors like Karan Malhotra, Punit Malhotra, Tarun Manshukani, Ayan Mukerji and others through his banner.
“It is difficult for these (star) kids. They have seen success, failure, insecurity and anxiety up, close and personal. They have seen too much that can eat into them. The basic perception is that it is easy, but I feel it is tougher for them,” Karan said last night.
“They have a point to prove… there are so many expectations from them. I think film fraternity and star kids have it tougher,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Karan was talking at the music launch of ‘Lekar Hum Deewana Dil’, which was attended by the Kapoor family, who came to support their young member Armaan.
The film marks the debut of Bollywood ‘showman’ Raj Kapoor’s younger grandson Armaan Jain.
“I am here for Armaan. He was an assistant director for ‘My Name is Khan’, ‘Student of the Year’, ‘Ek Main Aur Ek Tu’. He is family to us. I think Dharma (production house) has become the training ground and all are stars now. I feel I am film institute of India,” Karan said.
“Armaan is special to me and my mother for various reasons. I feel I have come for my own child’s launch. I am excited, happy and super zealous about his launch,” he said.
Karan also revealed he had suggested the title of the film – ‘Lekar Hum Deewana Dil’.
The event also had a live performance by music maestro A R Rahman.
“I have seen Rahman in concert, it is inspirational to see Rahman play. His music is exemplary,” Karan said.