Filmmaker Karan Johar today began shooting for the upcoming fifth season of his popular celebrity chat show Koffee With Karan. Karan Johar, 44, shared with fans, on Twitter, that he shot the promo of the edition.
“Started the #koffeewithkaran shoot today… shot the promo! This Season…things are hotting up…
@StarWorldIndia,” the director tweeted alongside a photo of himself holding the famous “coffee with mug” “(this time yellow in colour).
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
There have been reports that two of Johar’s closest people from Bollywood– superstar Shah Rukh Khan and Alia Bhatt– will be the first guests on this season. Interestingly, the pair shares screen space in director Gauri Shindey’s next, Dear Zindagi.
Koffee With Karan, which premiered in 2004, is known for the uninhibited chatter between the host and his celebrity guests that has often led to gossips, spats and controversies in Bollywood.
Just days before, it was a merry-making time for the fans of Fawad Khan. Reports had surfaced that Karan Johar had picked the Pakistani actor instead of his favourite, Shah Rukh Khan, as the first guest on the upcoming season of Koffee With Karan. But all hell broke lose when Fawad and other Pakistani artists found themselves under fire after the Uri attack and MNS asking them to leave India.
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) September 30, 2016
Whether or not this can be cited as the reason, but now we hear that Karan has gone back to SRK to open the sixth season of his celebrity chat-show. Shah Rukh will be appearing on the episode with Alia Bhatt to promote their upcoming film Dear Zindagi. Yes, Fawad has been dropped as its first guest!
With PTI inputs.