Karan Johar’s upcoming project ‘Shuddhi’ has been making headlines ever since the director announced his plans to make the love story.
It was initially reported that former flames Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor would play the lead pair. But, Hrithik walked out of the project, after which Kareena also did the same, leaving fans disappointed.
Karan Johar slammed rumours that superhero Hrithik Roshan declined the project due to renumeration issues.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Article insinuating that Hrithik asked for a large percentage of profit for #Shuddhi is baseless,untrue and completely uninformed…
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) April 9, 2014
But, the producer-director was further annoyed after reports that Mr. Perfectionist, Aamir Khan had also declined the project. An angry Karan Johar tweeted:
I AM PLAYING THE LEAD IN SHUDDHI!!!! Sounds Ridiculous??? Well as ridiculous as some of the news reports making the rounds!!!
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) April 10, 2014
There have been too many reports about the new leading pair changing everyday. It was also said that current flames Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone would be replacing Hrithik and Kareena. However, this too died down when apparently, Ranveer was approached by Sanjay Leela Bhansali to do ‘Bajirao Mastani’. Deepika was then said to be in ‘Shuddhi’ while Katrina Kaif, would star opposite Ranveer in Bhansali’s period flick.
Once again, in a twist of events, the ‘Ram-Leela’ pair was confirmed for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Bajirao Mastani’.
Is Karan Johar’s ‘Shuddhi’ in trouble? Only time will tell!