Karan Johar’s upcoming project ‘Shuddhi’ has been making headlines ever since the director announced his plans to make the love story.
It was initially reported that former flames Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor would play the lead pair. But, Hrithik walked out of the project, after which Kareena also did the same, leaving fans disappointed.
Karan Johar slammed rumours that superhero Hrithik Roshan declined the project due to renumeration issues.
Article insinuating that Hrithik asked for a large percentage of profit for #Shuddhi is baseless,untrue and completely uninformed…
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) April 9, 2014
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
But, the producer-director was further annoyed after reports that Mr. Perfectionist, Aamir Khan had also declined the project. An angry Karan Johar tweeted:
I AM PLAYING THE LEAD IN SHUDDHI!!!! Sounds Ridiculous??? Well as ridiculous as some of the news reports making the rounds!!!
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) April 10, 2014
There have been too many reports about the new leading pair changing everyday. It was also said that current flames Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone would be replacing Hrithik and Kareena. However, this too died down when apparently, Ranveer was approached by Sanjay Leela Bhansali to do ‘Bajirao Mastani’. Deepika was then said to be in ‘Shuddhi’ while Katrina Kaif, would star opposite Ranveer in Bhansali’s period flick.
Once again, in a twist of events, the ‘Ram-Leela’ pair was confirmed for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Bajirao Mastani’.
Is Karan Johar’s ‘Shuddhi’ in trouble? Only time will tell!