How do you know Karan Johar? As the director who promises you gorgeous stars and lovely foreign locations in his films, as the show host with the most or as one of the most influential producers in the industry today. But there was a time when this multi-hyphenate was a geeky school kid and, by his own admission, a little bit overweight.
And that was when Karan Johar made his acting debut. Not as the nerdy friend of Shah Rukh Khan in Diwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. Not while playing himself in films such as Luck By Chance and Fashion. And definitely not in Bombay Velvet. In fact, the first time Karan Johar came on screen, it was the small screen and the television show was called Indradhanush. In fact, you have to look at him very carefully to be sure it is KJo.
Karan is at his expressive best as a somewhat chubby school kid in the show. The show had other well-known names of Bollywood associated with it such as Ashutosh Gowarikar, Urmila Matondkar and Girish Karnad.
Not just Karan Johar, we were wrong about the debut performances of Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan too.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Deewana was not superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s first step in Bollywood. Recently, in a tweet, Shah Rukh Khan spoke about his foray into cinema.
— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) October 12, 2016
The tweet mentioned that the film Ahmaq was screened at the Mumbai film festival. ” ‘Ahmaq’ being screened @Mumbaifilmfest so please register with http://www.bookmyshow.com/MAMI my first foray into cinema.”
It looks like we seriously need to revise our knowledge of our stars.