It will be a family affair at box-office today (March 18) for Dharma productions Kapoor & Sons will open in theaters across India. The movie is a rom-com drama starring Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra and Fawad Khan. It revolves around the story of two brothers (Fawad and Sidharth), the problems they face at home with their dysfunctional family and how things take a turn when Alia Bhatt walks into the brothers’ lives.
The movie has generated good pre-release buzz owing to its ensemble that includes veteran actors like Rishi Kapoor, Ratna Pathak Shah and Rajat Kapoor. Rishi Kapoor’s character that of an ageing octogenarian has grabbed curiosity and it would be a treat to watch this talented senior actor in a never-before-seen avatar.
Ratna Pathak Shah and Rajat Kapoor team up as wife and husband and their jugalbandi would make for an interesting watch as well.
However, the star attractions undoubtedly would be Fawad and Sidharth. For the first time ever, these two hunks will be seen together in a film playing brothers. Pakistani heartthrob Fawad would be looking to break even in his second Bollywood outing after Khoobsurat. It would be exciting to see how well he holds up his own self in this multi-starrer that has other equally popular A-listers.
Sidharth, on the other hand, would be looking to make a mark after having an average run last year and ditto for Alia. The young actress would be eager to get her name back on the blockbuster list after the debacle of Shaandaar.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
As far as competition from box-office goes, Kapoor & Sons is expected to have a trouble free run as no big film is releasing alongside. The two other releases namely Dare You and Cute Kameena are not expected to offer any stiff competition.