Newcomer Armaan Jain, who is Raj Kapoor’s grandson, says ‘Kapoors’ are more synonymous with food and noise than for their acting chops, which runs in the family.
Armaan’s mother Rima is the younger daughter of Raj Kapoor who is married to Manoj Jain. (See Pics: Sisters Kareena, Karisma, grandmom and Kapoors for Armaan Jain)
The young actor is making his debut in Bollywood with ‘Lekar Hum Deewana Dil’ and is happy being promoted as Raj Kapoor’s grandson.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“In Kapoor family, we talk only about food not about acting. Every time when the family is together we pull each others leg. There is only noise and food pollution in the Kapoor family… it is a mess but it is lot of fun,” said Armaan Jain.
“No one talks about acting or films. But everyone is acting by screaming, jumping and doing melodrama,” he said.
The newcomer says he does not feel any pressure to prove himself despite being associated with a family of actors.
“I am very proud, it is an honor to be promoted as Raj Kapoor’s grandson. I feel I am lucky to be associated with this name and the family. I do get scared at times of this name. I hope I get it right. But I don’t take it as pressure. I will do all the hard work and give my best,” he said.
Armaan says he had a normal upbringing like any other guy and hardly saw movies or visited film sets.
“While I was growing up there was nothing related to films. I hardly saw movies. I think it (surname) can give you an opportunity to meet people… after that everything is in your hands. We are very close knit family we all love each other. I don’t see any disadvantage in being associated with a film family,” Armaan said.
“I did not see my grandfather and I do feel restless that I have not seen him. My mother told me that my nana was a foodie and a workaholic. I have watched ‘Mera Naam Joker’ several times and as a kid I believed that my nana was joker,” Armaan said.
“My high was to entertain people… make them laugh. I felt the best platform to make people smile was to either become a joker or get into movies,” he said.
Armaan’s film is directed by Imtiaz Ali’s brother Arif. It also marks the debut of leading lady Deekhsha Sheth.
The film is produced by his cousin Kareena’s actor-producer husband Saif Ali Khan. It will release on July 4.