Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra and Fawad Khan starrer Kapoor & Sons is having a super run at the box office and has earned Rs. 46.93 cr. in just seven days. The film’s second week collections continues to be great as it has earned Rs. 65.07 cr. The film which started on a good note, minted Rs. 26.35 cr in mere three days of its release.
Directed by Shakun Batra, Kapoor & Sons earned Rs. 6.85 cr on the first day (Friday), Sat 7.75 cr on the second day (Saturday) and the third day proved to be lucky as many headed to watch the film in theatres. The film earned a whopping Rs. 11.75 cr on third day (Sunday). On weekdays also, the movie had a strong hold which minted Rs. 5.08 cr on Monday, Rs. 4.50 cr. on Tuesday, Rs. 4.35 cr. on Wednesday, Rs. 6.65 cr. on Thursday, taking the total to Rs. 46.93 cr. (Read: Kapoor and Sons movie review: Sidharth brings an attractive vulnerability, Fawad doesn’t lift off the screen)
The Karan Johar production brought together real life couple Alia and Sidharth for the second time after they first romance in his directorial Student of the year, meanwhile Fawad Khan has been showered with accolades for his second Bollywood film.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Trade Analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted the week two collections of the film:
#KapoorAndSons [Week 2] Fri 4.21 cr, Sat 4.24 cr, Sun 3.64 cr, Mon 1.80 cr, Tue 1.70 cr, Wed 1.35 cr, Thu 1.20 cr. Total: ₹ 65.07 cr. SUPER!
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) April 1, 2016
Kapoor & Sons also dominated the international market and has become one of the highest first week grosser of 2016 overseas. It collected $ 4.2 mn (Rs. 28.07 cr.) overtaking Akshay Kumar’s Airlift which collected $ 3.9 mn in its first week.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) March 25, 2016
This week, Kapoor & Sons will be competing with John Abraham’s action thriller Rocky Handome, which released on March 25 and it remains to be seen how Karan Johar’s family drama will perform in the coming days at the box office.
Indian Express’ critic Shubra Gupta in her review wrote, “‘Kapoor & Sons’ seems to have taken to heart that famous Tolstoy line: “all happy families are alike, each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way”, in the way it chooses a specific kind of unhappiness for each member of the Kapoor family.”
The film also stars Rishi Kapoor, Rajat Kapoor and Ratna Pathak Shah in pivotal roles.