Former union minister Kapil Sibal has penned five songs for the upcoming non-commercial political film “Zainab – A Celebration Of Humanity”.
Directed and produced by Pranav Singh, the socio-political romantic drama stars Ashutosh Rana, Jimmy Sheirgill, Sanjay Suri and Hiten Tejwani among others.
The plot of the film traces the romantic journey of a Hindu boy and a Muslim girl, Zainab, set against the backdrop of communal riots and political unrest, seen through the eyes of Zainab.
- Modi is first PM who has never held press conference as he 'cannot answer questions': Kapil Sibal in Vadodara
- Kapil Sibal Turns Lyricist For The Upcoming Movie Shorgul
- I belong to the romantic genre: Kapil Sibal
- Arijit Singh to sing song penned by Kapil Sibal
- Kapil Sibal, the lyricist
- Jimmy Sheirgill to star in film based on Muzaffarnagar riots
“Cinema is the most effective way of creating awareness and spreading the social message. Through this film, I’d like to convey the principles of happiness, humanity and harmony.
“Until and unless we change our perception and mentality, no law will be able to bring change in the society. If we want to make our society more compassionate, the psyche of every individual needs to change,” Sibal said in a statement.
Jimmy, Sanjay and Ashutosh said in a joint statement: “It is a very ambitious project and will be a challenge for all of us, but that’s exactly what makes it such a big draw. The topic is very relevant and this film will be an eye opener of various sorts.”