Former union minister Kapil Sibal has penned five songs for the upcoming non-commercial political film “Zainab – A Celebration Of Humanity”.
Directed and produced by Pranav Singh, the socio-political romantic drama stars Ashutosh Rana, Jimmy Sheirgill, Sanjay Suri and Hiten Tejwani among others.
The plot of the film traces the romantic journey of a Hindu boy and a Muslim girl, Zainab, set against the backdrop of communal riots and political unrest, seen through the eyes of Zainab.
- Four labourers injured in shed collapse in Kolkata
- Navratri festive glow: Make these 6 home-made face packs for an organic glow
- KVIC hands over 'wooden charkha' to Uganda ahead of Gandhi Jayanti
- Mark Tootle, Nile Ranger in weirdest goal celebrations of the week
- Involve service chiefs in decision making, says Ex-IAF head P V Naik
- Essar to set up two LNG ports in 18 months, invest $500 million
“Cinema is the most effective way of creating awareness and spreading the social message. Through this film, I’d like to convey the principles of happiness, humanity and harmony.
“Until and unless we change our perception and mentality, no law will be able to bring change in the society. If we want to make our society more compassionate, the psyche of every individual needs to change,” Sibal said in a statement.
Jimmy, Sanjay and Ashutosh said in a joint statement: “It is a very ambitious project and will be a challenge for all of us, but that’s exactly what makes it such a big draw. The topic is very relevant and this film will be an eye opener of various sorts.”