Kangana Ranaut will walk the ramp for veteran designer Anju Modi at the forthcoming edition of Shree Raj Mahal Jewellers India Couture Week 2014. The Bollywood actress and fashion icon has been chosen for her old world charm.
The six-day event, starting July 15, will be held at the Taj Palace Hotel in New Delhi and Modi is going to showcase on day two.
“Kangana Ranaut is a fashion icon, who has transformed herself with every character she plays on screen, and every look she dresses in off screen. She is one of the few actors who carries herself effortlessly and with utmost grace,” the designer told IANS.
Modi is going to showcase a collection titled Manikarnika, depicting a woman of the past, reborn in the present. The designer believes Kangana is befitting as the showstopper for her line’s theme.
“The underlying sense of old world charm that engulfs Kangana made her the perfect choice for me, especially with the theme of my collection Manikarnika, being about reincarnation and a revisitation of our cultural and design heritage.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“She personifies the woman of today, which is a central thought that translates through our efforts to contemporise ancient techniques. I’m most excited to see her close my show this year at the India Couture Week,” said Modi.