Kangana Ranaut will walk the ramp for veteran designer Anju Modi at the forthcoming edition of Shree Raj Mahal Jewellers India Couture Week 2014. The Bollywood actress and fashion icon has been chosen for her old world charm.
The six-day event, starting July 15, will be held at the Taj Palace Hotel in New Delhi and Modi is going to showcase on day two.
“Kangana Ranaut is a fashion icon, who has transformed herself with every character she plays on screen, and every look she dresses in off screen. She is one of the few actors who carries herself effortlessly and with utmost grace,” the designer told IANS.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Modi is going to showcase a collection titled Manikarnika, depicting a woman of the past, reborn in the present. The designer believes Kangana is befitting as the showstopper for her line’s theme.
“The underlying sense of old world charm that engulfs Kangana made her the perfect choice for me, especially with the theme of my collection Manikarnika, being about reincarnation and a revisitation of our cultural and design heritage.
“She personifies the woman of today, which is a central thought that translates through our efforts to contemporise ancient techniques. I’m most excited to see her close my show this year at the India Couture Week,” said Modi.