Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut struggled her way down the ramp in her floor-sweeping gown as she brought the curtains down of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WLIFW) Autumn/Winter 2014.
Kangana, 27, who is known for her role as a supermodel in Madhur Bhandarkar’s ‘Fashion’, looked uncomfortable and even stopped at the middle of the runway to manage her black body-hugging off-shoulder gown designed by grand finale designer Namrata Joshipura.
The ‘Queen’ star also apologised and took the blame on her for not making it to the mark. “I feel her show and collection were brilliant but I feel bad that I let her down,” Kangana told reporters after the show.
But Namrata came to her defense and said, “Stuff like these happens but it is okay. I am very happy that she walked the ramp for me and handled it very well. She is beyond all these small things.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The grand finale opened with a high-octane live music performance and neon lights set up gave a dramatic feel to it. Namrata presented her collection ‘Electron’, which was inspired by her new fascination artificial intelligence and brain mapping.
Kangana was highly impressed with her collection and said her style sensibilities matches with the designer.
“Namrata is a good friend of mine and I relate to her designs. She also loves quirky stuff like I do. She used something metallic thing on the lips which I really liked and wanted to put. We have same attitude towards fashion. I am thankful to Namrata for giving me chance to walk. I love getting dressed up,” she added.
The actress also said that she felt good to be back on the ramp. “It is nice to be back on the ramp. My characters in films revolve around fashion a lot after doing ‘Fashion’. I played a fashion disaster in ‘Queen and in my next film ‘Revolver Rani’ I will play a fashion victim,” she said.
Namrata’s futuristic collection was all about cyber punk girl and her tribes. She essentially used a lot of textures which she had derived from artificial intelligence and brain mapping patterns.
“My collection is called electron and it is inspired by artificial intelligence and brain mapping. I got fascinated by artificial intelligence that I started reading about it. My reading habit lead me to all the neural patterns.
“I have always been fascinated by si-fi. Those patterns were linear and graphic and I wanted to incorporate those patterns. The collection is essentially a lot of patterns and textures. I have used digitalised flowers. The collection is all cyber punk girl and her tribe,” Namrata said.
Models walked the ramp wearing bodysuits, shorts and jackets in mostly black and the show ended with her sleek red-carpet gowns.
“I am a contemporary designer and I don’t do lehengas and sarees. So, my look is very modern and sleek. Keeping that in mind I have created the set design also. I am a fashion designer and not an entertainer and if I do that I will lose my purpose. I want to stick to what I do well which is fashion I believe less is more. It’s a strong, sleek presentation,” she added.