It is believed that Sonam took pot shots at Kangana, 27, when she said on a chat show that bad looking people are considered good actors in Bollywood, probably hinting at Kangana’s performances in ‘Queen’ and ‘Revolver Rani’.
Quizzed about the best dressed actresses in the Hindi Film industry, Kangana said, “These days everyone dresses really well. Jacqueline is very well dressed and so is Sonam Kapoor. Even Deepika Padukone dresses well.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Kangana was in the Capital to walk the ramp for designer Anju Modi on the day two of the ongoing India Couture Week.
Anju made a mark in Bollywood with her traditional outfits in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Ram-Leela’. She has again teamed up with the director for his next film ‘Bajirao Mastani’ that again stars Deepika and Ranveer Singh in the lead.
“Anjuji is changing the face of fashion in Bollywood. Our industry tends to get inspired or impressed by the western fashion. It is nice for a designer like Anjuji who works with our culture and traditions,” Kangana said.
She may have won a National award for playing a supermodel in ‘Fashion’ but Kangana looked nervous as she took to the runway. She once again tripped but covered the slight goof-up with an affectionate smile.
The actress, who returned from New York recently, said she finds it uneasy to deal with paparazzi in India.
“I am just back from New York. It was like going back to school. This is my first public outing after coming back from New York. So I took it in a very easy way but it was not. Coming back to paparazzi was intimidating. I couldn’t believe I was back here,” she said.
Kangana looked beautiful in a heavily embroidered black skirt teamed with full sleeved top especially curated by the designer for her.
“Anjuji has a beautiful vision of a woman who comes from ancient India but at the same time her thought process is contemporary. That’s very refreshing and it is nice to come up with such a concept,” Kangana said.
Anju’s collection, titled Manikarnika, was an exploration of age-old craft and ancient techniques. The embroideries were derived from the architecture, with the paintings of the Ajanta-Ellora caves serving as a major inspiration.
Models sashayed down the ramp in dhoti teamed with long jacket and kurtas. Even sarees were worn as dhotis.