Kangana Ranaut who has been on a high with back to back success of her recent releases, has apparently become very finicky about having her way with the projects she is working on. Last heard, she had even desired to co-direct ‘Rangoon’, however nothing was confirmed and the rumours soon died down. But, buzz is that Kangana, who has now become one of the most sought after actresses in the industry recently turned down a major production house that had offered her a big budget film.
Apparently, Yash Raj Films (YRF), who usually cast actors associated with their brand, were more than eager to cast Kangana Ranaut for their upcoming venture, ‘Sultan’ which would be their first project with the National Award-winning actress. In fact, the production house offered Kangana the Salman Khan starrer along with two other independent films for which she could quote her fees no holds barred.
- Karan Johar-Kangana Ranaut come together for India's Next Superstar. Will it end their cold war?
- Here's looking back at how Kangana Ranaut managed to rule 2017
- Kangana Ranaut wants her next thriller to be called Mental. Will Salman Khan give away the title?
- Kangana Ranaut on her controversial year: My commercial viability has been affected
- Padmavati row: Kangana Ranaut has refused to be a part of what she calls a feminist movement 'Deepika bachao'
- Here is why Kangana Ranaut rejected Salman Khan starrer Sultan
Following the offer, Miss Ranaut who has made it her prerogative to have a say in the progression of the film, accepted it putting all her demands in terms of price and script consultation which YRF agreed. However, later Kangana backed out when she realized that apart from remuneration she might not be able to dictate terms, especially with regards to her co-star Salman Khan. And hence rather than agreeing to play second fiddle to Salman, she decided to opt out of the film.
While the question remains whether it was Kangana’s inability to be able to call the shots for the film that really caused her to opt out, Kangana Ranaut made it clear that she is still open to doing films with YRF which she has communicated to Adi Chopra. But if the grapevine is to be believed, Salman Khan was not impressed with Kangana’s behaviour, as he believes the ‘Queen’ has become too big for her boots.