Yes, you heard it right. Filmmaker Shekhar Kapur has approached Kangana Ranaut to play the role of an 85-year old woman in his untitled next.
Confirming the same to The Indian Express.com, Kangana Ranaut said, “Shekhar has approached me to play an 85-year old. It is a very challenging project. We are still in talks. It is a very challenging role.”
When asked if it’s ‘Paani’ in which she will be playing the 85-year old, Kangana said, “No it is not Paani. It’s a different project.”
National award winning actress Kangana Ranaut, who is known for being versatile, said that she is looking forward to playing older roles including motherly characters.
Shekhar Kapur has been a huge admirer of a Kangana Ranaut and had lavished praise for her work in Queen. ‘Queen has a fresh golden heart, at the centre of which lies a fluid consistent n convincing performance by Kangana Raut,’ Shekhar had tweeted.
- Hrithik Roshan finally gets back at Kangana Ranaut, but Twitterati have the last laugh
- Kangana Ranaut sent me sexually-explicit mails, alleges Hrithik Roshan, Queen actor hits back
- Kangana Ranaut on her directorial debut Teju: I’ll be charging as an actor, director and producer
- The digs that Kangana Ranaut took at Hindi film industry in The Bollywood Diva Song are not to be missed
- Kangana Ranaut: We live in a sick society, feminism is its medicine
- Kangana Ranaut opens up about her directorial debut Teju: It is a children's film
It remains to be seen if Shekhar Kapur can finally convince Kangana to play an octogenarian.