Actress Kangana Ranaut, who is winning accolades for her performance in her last release ‘Queen’, feels awards do not feature on her priority list.
“There are so many award ceremonies these days, almost 15-16. You have to sit for nearly 5-6 hours for each award show, plus spend around two hours for hair and make-up. The awards cost you a lot… It gets expensive,” Kangana told reporters last night at an event in Mumbai.
But this does not mean that Kangana does not believe in awards.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“It is not that. I think that our awards are not genuine. I have got awards for ‘Gangster’ and ‘Fashion’. I think these days everyone gets an award, like there are awards for best smile and best sari, etc. It seems awards are given just for the sake of making people happy,” she said.
“I think at any given age, there are priorities that you have. Awards are not my priority,” she added.
The actress has been lauded for her performance in the recently released film ‘Queen’ and her next film ‘Revolver Rani’ has also generated interest.
‘Revolver Rani’ is set to release on April 25.