Actress Kangana Ranaut has said that two of her films ‘Ungli’ and ‘I Love NY’ have been canned but she is not disappointed about it.
‘I Love New Year’, a romantic-comedy directed by Radhika Rao and Vinay Sapru, stars Sunny Deol and Kangana. The film was initially to be released in February last year, then it got pushed to April, to September and later December the same year, but did not hit the screens.
The exact reason for the delay was not known, but it was reportedly shelved due to the poor response to its trailer and not so good outcome of Sunny’s last few films at the box office.
Her another project, Karan Johar’s home production ‘Ungli’, starring Emraan Hashmi, Sanjay Dutt, Neha Dhupia, Randeep Hooda and others and directed by Rensil D’Silva, was earlier expected to release in 2013.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
Though earlier Karan Johar had tweeted that ‘Ungli’ will release on May 23 this year, Kangana says the film has been canned.
When asked about both her impending films, Kangana says, “It is canned right? I think it’s (the films) canned.”
When asked if she feels disappointed, she said, “Why would I be frustrated, I have got my pay cheque. I am safe and hence there is no reason for to be disappointed.”
Her other forthcoming projects are ‘Queen’, which will release on March 7, and Tigmanshu Dhulia’s film ‘Revolver Rani’, scheduled to release this year.