Actor Sohum Shah, known for films like Ship of Theseus and Talvar, is set to play Kangana Ranaut’s love interest in upcoming film Simran and he says his part is completely different from his earlier roles. Directed by Hansal Mehta, the film is reportedly inspired by the life of an NRI nurse in the US. “It’s a very different role from the films that I have previously done. I’m playing Kangana’s love interest, who will bring a change in her life. I have a very important character in the film,” the actor said.
Sohum is first time working under Mehta’s direction and he is all praise for the Aligarh helmer. “Hansal sir is very calm no matter how much stress is there. He always handles everything very calmly. I’ve learnt so many things from him. I’m a very restless person I don’t have much patience. But he never takes pressure be it for shooting on different locations or managing things on sets. He is an extremely cool person.”
Talking about Kangana, Sohum said, “She is an amazing person she was constantly participating in each discussion on the sets. I wasn’t nervous at all during the shoot because when you are fully prepared with what you have to do, things get automatically easy.” When asked about the present scenario of women-oriented films in the industry, Sohum said, “Industry people should make women-oriented films more often. Films like ‘Pink’, ‘Queen’, ‘Piku’ or ‘Simran’ they all have very different approach in their stories.
“You will find all kind of audience in India. So, industry should offer them such films. It’s very important. I, as an artiste, believe in doing something unique.” Sohum will also be next seen in the fantasy-horror “Tumbad”, which he claimed will be an entirely different film for Indian cinema.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Just like ‘Ship of Theseus’ had a different concept, Tumbad is also going to have a unique plot. And it will be completely different film for Indian cinema. It is not an offbeat movie. It is a very entertaining film which will appeal to everyone.”