She played a fashion disaster in ‘Queen’, a style victim in ‘Revolver Rani’ and Kangana Ranaut says she is not scared of stepping into non-glamorous roles if they offer a chance to perform.
The 27-year-old actress, who won the audience’s love and critical acclaim for both of her films, says there is a misconception that heroines should look beautiful on-screen.
“Films are not meant to make people fashion-oriented or glorify their beauty. Films are about good stories and it could be of anyone. It could also be of an ugly girl,” Kangana told PTI in an interview.
Actress Sonam Kapoor had recently said in a chat show that if a person is not good looking, they are considered as good actors in Bollywood.
The National-award winning actress said rather than her looks in her last outing ‘Revolver Rani’, where she played a corrupt politician, Kangana was more sceptical about the genre of the film.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“‘Revolver Rani’ is a non-genre film and I was a bit sceptical because I know that these films are very hard to accept in the society.
“Today, the kind of age and time we are living in we should start doing some good writing because I feel that our films are very regressive and repeat the same old formula,” she added.
The ‘Fashion’ star was in the capital to receive the actor of the year honour at an award show. The trophy was handed to her by superstar Aamir Khan.
Kangana, who seldom attends award functions said, “It’s credible to be a part of this honour. I said no initially. But later I felt that I should attend this because it’s not one of those filmy awards. Here, they acknowledge people on every level and from every field.”
The actress is enjoying a good phase in her career and has also signed Sai Kabir’s next project ‘Divine Lovers’ opposite Irrfan Khan.
“This is really beautiful time of my life. I have never been respected and treated like the way I am right now. People really have acknowledged what I have done. Doing good films are my priority and I like what I do,” she said.